Chapter 10 (New)

We sit in front of a big bonfire along with some other campers who've decided to come out of their cabins to enjoy the night air with us, Cameron and Amber sitting on my right and Trish, Pat and Kris on my left

We sit in front of a big bonfire along with some other campers who've decided to come out of their cabins to enjoy the night air with us, Cameron and Amber sitting on my right and Trish, Pat and Kris on my left. A few hours ago was when we finally got to meet the infamous Pat and Kris and they seemed nice enough to us. Pat was very energetic when she talked, using her hands a lot and radiating confidence with her pastel pink hair that goes all the way down to her waist and Kris was a small girl with short black hair but a big personality that made her stand out just as much as the other girls, if not a little more. They were both edgy in the way they carried themselves, Kris being more feisty, that it's no wonder everyone says they're trouble makers. Though I still can't put together why anyone doesn't really like them all that much, they were nice and confident was all, I didn't see how that was a bad thing. Then again I've yet to see them in their natural ways so I might be a little biased.

Cameron and I decided to go to tonight's bonfire since it was scheduled for tonight anyway, we've never been to one before and it was meant to welcoming all the campers back to Camp Brenwood and its first timers. The fire casts a orange and yellow glow on everyone's faces and puts whatever is behind the flames in complete darkness. I can't even see ten feet away from where the edge of our little gathering is so I can barely make out who's coming toward us until they're right in front of the fire. Everyone roasts marshmallows and some even toss them at each other, another person trying to catch them in their mouth but not everyone gets one in successfully. It's funny to see people try though and the bonfire is alive with people talking and laughing that it creates a really fun atmosphere in itself.

I hear the swishing of the water from the lake that faces me and it looks like a pool of black ink with only the half moon casting any light onto it. It's mesmerizing as the water moves back forth, a couple of boats rocking where they're tied to the pier. I'm tempted to go out on the lake in one of the boats but we're not allowed to go after eight or alone. I'm sure I could convince Cameron to come with me but I can't change the time so I make a note to go out tomorrow evening before the sun sets after dinner.

"Hey, so who was that guy you were talking to a couple of days ago in the cafeteria?" Trish asks me.

"Which guy?" I ask. I think back to when me and Jace sat together for lunch but I'm not sure if he's who she's talking about.

"You know, brown hair and eyes. He was waiting in the cafeteria line?"

"Oh," I say feeling my cheeks warm up. Thankfully the fire disguises it as I feel fresh anger towards Kyle flare up at the memory of him not knowing who the heck I was.

"You know him?" Trish continues.

"Yeah, kinda. Apparently we go to the same school but we only met a couple of weeks ago."

"Well, I'm asking because he was asking about you this morning."

I stare at her for a few seconds before drawing my eyebrows together. "He what?"