2

A month has passed. I walk into Cupid's shop. The big pink sign is hanging over the door with Cupid's Bow over it. Cupid is arguing with one of the customers. The boy loves to argue. It is something petty. It's always something petty. I think he left a seam out of a girl's dress. I make my way to the back to take a look at the work that I need to get done for the day. I have to order fabric for three different dresses. There is a big fashion show in Atlanta in a few weeks and a customer want to look nice when they attend. Everyone knows why. Storm Underwood was hosting the fashion show for a bunch of local designers. Everyone had to look perfect for a Storm Underwood event.

I'm in the back looking at the fabrics when I get the text.

WHAT ARE YOU UP TO?

It's Storm. I smile at my phone.

AT WORK.

I wait patiently. My heart skips a beat every time Storm texts me. He is so busy but he finds the time to text back so quickly.

His next reply makes my heart melt.

I'M BACK IN TOWN. FINALLY, SMH. HEY. I WANNA SEE YOU... :).

"What the hell are you smiling about?" Cupid asks walking into the back, "Don't tell me Storm is texting you...again?"

"He's back in town," I tell Cupid, "He's been gone for like a month hosting parties in Dubai. I'm just excited that he's back. We haven't really gotten a chance to hang out since that one night at the club."

A month has passed since the night that I hung out with Storm. It wasn't the last time I had heard from him though. Storm and I talk constantly. All day. I've never been this close to someone in my life. We text all throughout the day and Storm always made sure he called me before the night ended. Just hearing his voice made my heart get all crazy. I felt like a young dumb motherfucker for feeling the way that I did.

Cupid smiles, "Speaking of Storm..."

Cupid has some of his tea. He takes a sip of it. I know my best friend. I knew that he had something up his sleeve.

"You talked to Malachi didn't you?" I ask him.

"Your cousin came up here earlier," Cupid explains to me, "He told me about the Pink Pill. What the fuck are you waiting for?"

"How the hell do you even know that shit works?" I ask Cupid.

Cupid is more excited than I thought he would be. Malachi hadn't shut up about the pink pill since the night I hung out with Storm. I figured Malachi came up here specifically because he knew getting Cupid involved was a recipe to force the situation. Cupid wouldn't let this shit go. Cupid's last name might as well have been Extra because that was all he was. He was one EXTRA individual.

"Malachi is like the black Dexter?"

"Dexter?"

"Dexter's Laboratory," Cupid states shaking his head, "Remember that time I had to help out in Fashion week. Malachi gave me that pill that had me up for an entire week. That boy is like the ghetto Da Vinci. You need to take that pill and flirt a little."

"I like my relationship with Storm."

"You've been permanently friend-zoned. You can't possibly like that," Cupid says, "Take the pill and see what it does."

"If you like the pill so much why don't you take it."

"Oh hell naw. I've learned my lesson from taking your cousin's shit," Cupid explains, "I mean. It might work for you. I just have a low tolerance."

"I'm not going to be Malachi's guinea pig."

"Not even for one night with Storm. ONE night?"

I pause for a moment. The idea was so intriguing. There were so many things that could go wrong. What if the pill didn't work? What if it did? What was to guarantee that Storm would like whatever I became?