5

"You really don't remember us?" Ebony asks, "Girl we grew up together."

"I don't remember."

"Well your parents both died right after you disappeared," Ivory adds in, "Everyone was saying they died from heartache. Everyone was upset when you disappeared but when the Richardsons died...it was just a tragedy."

These people get all sensitive at that moment. They are all looking down, reminiscing and shit. I'm shocked.

Lady Richardson was a real person. She existed. Not only did she fucking exist before but Team Underwood also known as Atlanta High Society knew exactly who she fucking was. They were best friends with this girl. It all made sense now how Lady was so fucking perfect. She fit right in with these people.

"I'm kind of hot," I state.

It's the only words that come out of my mouth because right now it's the only thing I'm thinking about. I'm heating up. I knew what happened when I got to hot. When I got too hot I changed. I couldn't change in front of these people. It couldn't work like that.

I try to move away but Tempest blocks me. She gives me that same look that scared me when I was Demarco. It has a similar effect on Lady.

"Not so fast," Tempest states.

I'm cornered. The High Society members make a circle around me. Miles is smoking. The smoke gets in my face. I cough. I am sweating. I am a wild animal cornered in this bathroom with no where to go and I don't understand it even for a second.

"It's hot."

I'm steaming up. I'm so hot. I'm feeling a little faint.

"Why aren't you dead?" Savannah asks.

"Oh my god Savannah. You can't just ask someone why they aren't dead," Ivory retorts relatively quickly.

Tempest puts her finger in front of my face at that moment. She points directly at me almost as though she is accusing me of some shit. It could be worse. They could have all known that I really wasn't Lady Richardson. They could all know that I was pretending.

"What happened to you?" Tempest asks me.

Her voice is deep, shocked and bothered. I'm cornered.

"I don't know."

"What you got some kind of Amnesia?"

"Maybe."

That would work! Amnesia.

Tempest squints, "And you just showed up here huh? Amnesia and all? Huh..."

I don't know what to say. My eyes roll in the back of my head. I'm losing it. I'm trying to fight back Demarco. He keeps trying to come through. He's panicking. The more he panics the more he is breaking through. I keep trying to keep it under control like Malachi said. I have to keep it under control. I couldn't allow him to get the best of me.

Luckily I'm saved. It's Storm. He pushes through the girls.

"Yo. Chill. Give her some space..."

Storm pulls me out of there just in time. I feel less hot when he does but my body is still overheating. It's taking longer than before. That was definitely a good thing. I was barely maintaining though. I wouldn't be able to keep this up for long. I needed to get out of here ASAP.

"I have to go," I say at that moment.

I run out of the bathroom. I run all the way to the front of the exit. I'm running so fast that I am tripping over my goddam dress. Cupid had taught me how to walk in heels but he definitely didn't prepare me for running in them.