8

I wake up.

I'm so confused. My head aches and I'm in my bathtub.

The water is running and I'm completely naked. I don't hesitate to hop out of the tub and run to my phone. I look at the time. It's 11am on a Friday. How the fuck is that possible?

There is no way in hell that I was asleep for that long. I also see all these missed text messages. All the text messages are from Storm. There are 10 of them. All 10 are asking where I am at and why I didn't show up for the cabin trip. I can't believe I completely missed my opportunity to go.

I reach for my phone and call him.

"Hello."

"Demarco? Man...where you been? I've been trying to get in contact with you all day."

How do you explain to someone that you saw the image of his dead girlfriend in the mirror, hit your head and woke up the next day not remembering how you ended up naked in a tub. I don't get it and it's a little scary to say the least.

"You're probably over me," I tell him on phone, "I must have forgotten the day..."

"Well we're at the cabin now. You still coming right?"

He still wanted me to come? Even after he thought that I stood him up? I'm a little confused by it but at the same time a smile spreads across his face.

"I'd love to come."

"Good I'll have a car out in front of your apartment to pick you up in an hour."

~

The drive to the cabin is a long one. It takes some hours to get there. Sure enough Storm sends an actual car to get me and drive me several hours out of the city to the cabin. I've never really been to some place like this. The woods are beautiful. They outline the sky. The whole time I'm just wondering about seeing Lady in that mirror. It was weird. I wonder if the drugs cause some sort of hallucinations as a side effect. Maybe I should slow down on using them. Malachi wasn't around anymore to ask about them.

The cabin is just what I would think for a guy a like Storm. It is huge and really legit. We pull up to log cabin that sits on the side of a mountain. It seems secluded past a long wood trail.

I don't even have to touch my bags. The driver takes my bags in.

I walk up the trail towards the house and then it hits me. I'm not Lady. I'm Demarco. Lady would have no trouble fitting in with these people. Demarco was a whole different story. That becomes increasingly clear when Savannah opens the door as I approach.

"Hey?"

"Are you lost?" she asks.

It's barely the afternoon and the girl has a full face of makeup on. The face Savannah gives me right now is priceless to say the least. She wouldn't have looked at Lady like this. A part of me wished I would have arrived as Lady just to see the look on her face when she finds out that Lady was invited. Instead it's Demarco and she is underwhelmed to say the least.

"I was invited."

She looks me up and down, "Why?"

"Savannah, do you mind?" a voice asks from the living room, "That's my guest."

It's clearly Storm. As I walk in I believe they are barbecuing. Miles is barbecuing with Ivory standing next to him from the patio. They both look at me and start talking rather quickly, looking annoyed. They are probably trashing me immediately.

At the bar, I see Gunner and Ebony. It looks like they are drinking some alcohol waiting for the food to get done. Gunner starts laughing uncontrollably seeing me. Ebony punches him in the arm for it. I wonder what is so fucking funny.