nineteen

imessage
[ Em💐 to tommy💫 ]

Em💐
is this your guys' way of telling kiara and i to go back to america
bc if so, pls respond
it'd be easier to find the airport than you two
AND WE'RE IN THE SAME FUCKING STORE

tommy💫
Harrison wanted to buy something
We'll be back shortly

Em💐
uM
BEST BE BUYING ME SOMETHING
smh
you guys can't just up and leave while we're doing a fashion show
not cool :(

tommy💫
You can do a fashion show for me again at my apartment later
Harrison just really needed to get something

Em💐
did he get his fucking period?
did he piss his pants again?
like...
i don't understand what he needed so bad that you two HAD to leave us behind

tommy💫
Just, trust me
You'll love it

Em💐
i'll love it??

tommy💫
Well, he's not buying you something, but it's for someone else

Em💐
O H
OOOO
CUTE

tommy💫
I know
He needed help picking it out

Em💐
picking what out?

tommy💫
You'll see 😘
We're coming back now
Where are you guys?

Em💐
hiding
come find us

tommy💫
You guys are children

Em💐
and you aren't?

tommy💫
Touché
Okay, we give up
It's been ten minutes, Em
You guys can come out now
EM
SERIOUSLY

Em💐
this is kiara
we went to the bathroom

tommy💫
Well wtf
That's totally unfair
You guys know we're not allowed to go in there

Em💐
ems always has to pee during a game of hide and seek. she can't control her bladder.
we'll be out in a sec

❀ ❀ ❀ ❀

"where'd you guys go?" kiara interrogated as soon as the boys appeared. she crossed her arms over her chest angrily and jutted out a hip.

"i'm sorry," harrison sighs, pecking her cheek. "i had to get something."

"your priorities seem a bit mixed up," kiara huffs. emily reaches for her arm, but she stops once she hears tom clear his throat. emily looks over at him, noticing him shake his head. she frowns, then retracts her arm.

harrison sighs again, "wanna see what i got?"

"whatever," kiara grunts, taking the bag from his hand. she opens it, furrowing her eyebrows at the small but long, dark blue rectangular box. "what's this?"

"just wanted to say thank you for flying out here and surprising me," harrison smiles. kiara's eyes glisten with tears, her arms clasping around his neck and tugging the boy down to her height as she places a quick kiss on his lips, embracing him afterward.

emily stood there, feeling kind of awkward. sure she didn't expect tom to give her anything, he was kind enough to let her stay with him the whole time she was visiting. she felt awkward because she didn't want tom to feel obligated to get her something now.

"well, pull it out!" emily excitedly shouts, watching her best friend whip out the box and open it slowly. they both gasp and awe at the charm bracelet. it wasn't cheap, they both recognized that. once kiara pulled it out, a single charm sparkled under the light. it was a red phone booth, london's icon. kiara grinned brighter, asking harrison to put it on her wrist immediately. emily stepped away and slid beside tom. "i've never seen her so happy."

"i've never seen him so happy," tom replies. they both smile at their best friends, admiring what the two had found. love.

"so, did you get me anything?" emily teased, not knowing why she tried. her stomach dropped as the boy's face fell and his shoulders tensed. "it's okay, i didn't want you to anyways." tom still didn't relax at this, making emily feel even worse. "i'm serious, tom, i really don't mind."

"are you sure? because we could run over to-"

"stop," emily giggled, wrapping her arm around his hips, as he was slightly taller. she pulled him into her and sighed. "i really don't need anything else from you. your attention and kindness are all i need." tom smiled at this, relaxing instantly. he wrapped his arm around her shoulder and gave her a squeeze. she squeezed back.