two

i know harrison isn't normally called harry, but kiara only calls him that bc she knows it agitates him from past experiences, and emily only knows him by harry bc of kiara soooo

"you'll never guess who i just ran into!" kiara whispered in excitement toward emily. emily shrugged and waited for an answer. "harry!"

"one night stand harry?" emily quizzes, analyzing the room. kiara nods, knowing full well emily isn't paying attention to her.

"and he brought a cute friend," she responds, glancing over her shoulder. she smirked as she saw them make their way over. "boy alert," she whispered to emily, who seemed overly panicked about the whole situation.

"you never called," harry spoke over the loud music toward kiara. she smirked and stared at the boy, dead in the eyes.

"i gave you my number, not the other way around," she responded.

"touché," harry replied, equally smirking. "how about we try all that again?"

"i'm kiara," kiara remarked, throwing out her hand. harry took it, kissed the back, and reintroduced himself. "who's this cutie?" kiara spoke, pointing an eyebrow toward the more quiet boy stood beside harry. his eyes sparkled in the flashing lights, catching emily's attention quickly.

"i'm tom," the boy replied, shaking kiara's hand.

"and who's the cutie beside you?" harry retorted, giving a wink to emily. her cheeks bled in color, a nervous smile poking through.

"i'm emily," she answered, shaking his hand.

"pleasure to meet you," harry spoke, kissing her hand as well. kiara moves harry closer to her and started up a conversation only between the two. meanwhile, tom stood awkwardly, waiting for emily to speak again, but little did he know that she was drowning in an overwhelming wave of anxiety, gulping down her drink to wash away the nerves.

"those two really slept together?" tom questioned, referring to the chatty birds beside them.

"i'm sure of it," emily responded. "i was told every little detail." tom chuckled, nodding as if he related.

"can i get you another drink?" he asked, pointing to her empty glass.

"oh, no, i can get another myself, thanks," emily sputtered, not wanting for him to pay for her drink. it was a kind gesture, but she wasn't a big fan of having others pay for her things. "wanna walk with me to the bar?" she asked, noticing how much her rejection had hurt tom. he nodded and followed her as they squeezed through the crowd.

"it's a lot cooler over here," tom chuckled as they reached the only area in the place with elbow room. it seemed people were already leathered, looking for a person to grind on at the dance floor rather than ordering rounds of shots.

"i can't believe it's not awkward for them to talk to each other, let alone see one another," emily says after ordering, now waiting for her simple drink to be concocted.

"harrison is a little overconfident at times, especially when seeing an ex," tom responds, looking back at their two best friends mingling away.

"same with kiara," emily chuckles, grabbing her now full glass and leading tom back over to their table.

"oh good, you guys are back," kiara giggles, jumping off her barstool. "watch my bag, ems." kiara snatches harry and tugs him out onto the dance floor. emily laughs as she watches the two attempt to dance.

"why are you babysitting her purse?" tom questions, taking kiara's seat. he hadn't noticed how close the stool was scooted next to emily's until he was sat shoulder to shoulder with the dark haired girl.

"she always ends up on the dance floor when we go out," emily begins to explain, "i always stay back and watch after our things."

"let me guess," tom sighs, "you can't dance?"

"i'll have you know i used to be in dance," emily retorted humorously. "i just don't want anything of ours to be stolen again."

"again?" tom questioned.

"we both used to go out and dance our asses off," emily giggled, having flashbacks of them busting a few moves on the dance floor. "but one night, all of our stuff was stolen. money, credit cards, phones, everything we brought out with us. somebody even tried to be kiara and attempted buying a yacht with her credit card."

"that's insane," tom commented.

"i know," emily replies. "it sounds like something that would never happen to you, but it can. and it's not fun, in any way, shape, or form."

"i don't doubt that," tom chuckled. "so what'd you guys do?"

"filed everything stolen as soon as we lost it and earned back all our losses with taking up a couple jobs each. it was hard work, but we bought everything of ours back and more," emily replied.

"if you wanna go dance, i'll guard your stuff," tom spoke after a moment of silence.

"i'm not really in the mood to," emily sighs. "but thank you, that's very sweet of you to offer." tom smiles, then turns his attention to his best friend and kiara. they seemed like they were having loads of fun. "do you wanna dance?" emily asked him, assuming the look on his face to be boredom.

"oh, no," tom responds. "i'm not really in the mood to either." emily gives a faint smile and nods, now turning her own eyes toward the two on the dance floor. she was jealous that she couldn't grab tom and pull him out there. he seemed like a good guy and would only have good intentions with a girl. but it wasn't like she wanted to date him. she needed friends, especially after jason stole them all from her, claiming she was the one who cheated.