Courageous Corrections

"Stand for what is right, even if that means standing alone."

I sit on my bench as a group forms around me. We; Katie, Ashmita, Raila are talking about the latest summer collection in American Eagle. It is mostly them arguing about it, I'm just unheedfully listening to them converse feeling scarcely bored of their topic.

"-no but seriously the colour of that crop top was too dull, you better not go there. Grey clothes in summer?." I catch Raila say. Mira chimes in agreement while Katie and Ashmita give her looks of sheer deprecation.

Just when Katie opens her mouth to say something highly disapproving ( I can say by her expression) , a bespected, greasy haired guy, barely 5 feet 2 inches tall barges in the class and screams. "NEAR CANTEEN. RICK IS BEATING UP A NEWBIE!" And runs out of the class.

"Rick..." Mira Says dreamily and almost everyone in the class suddenly commences talking too loud and in an exhilarating manner.

"Let's go girls!" Raila nudges getting up and straightening her skirt. Katie catches my arm and drags me outside as Mira and Ashmita get out of the class after us.

Soon enough I see an immensely colossal crowd in the canteen and Rick is kicking a guy on his stomach. The boy is lying in the ground and coughing. He is curled up on the ground and Rick turns away from him raising his muscular arms indicating victory.

I see Aiden grinning as the guys who circumvent them hoot and hail Rick.
I catch him mouthing 'Wohoo!'. I can't believe my eyes, I look away from him.

I know he would always stand by his cousin. Anyone would. It doesn't make Ricks actions any right.

A part of the crowd chants quotes favouring Rick, I look around in disgust and wish that looks could kill. If looks did kill, These people would be nothing but ashes on the ground.

I lose a track of my friends, they must have mingled in the crowd earlier, I hope to hell they aren't disgracing me by being supporter of a bully.

The boy sits up and try's to stand, Just when I think the fight is over Rick turns and sees the guy struggle with balance only to knock him down on the ground again. My cheeks flush with anger as I hear numerous comments.

"-he shouldn't have back answered-"

"Did he not know he was dealing with Rick? Siddharth better learn-"

"-look he is bleeding-"

I see the boy wipe his lips with the back of his hand.
When it comes to fights there is no humanity, no code and no leniency. I see Ricks eyes flash and although I'm well obnubilated in the crowd, I see his eyes flick towards me and the bruised boy on the ground notices that too.

The guy, Siddharth coughs and just when Rick is about to punch him again I hear a voice shout.

"NO, Rickard don't." I step forward shielding Siddharth from Rick and I hear whispers from the antecedently loud crowd. Surprisingly The voice sounds like my own. Before I even know it, the words elude my mouth.

For a diminutive while I feel like I have saved Siddharth from Ricks wrath, but Rick turns around and looks at me angrily. His muscular frame hovers over me, I feel weird, thankfully I'm not very short or else I would have been running for the woods. His grey eyes linger on my face and then travel south wards.

I feel uneasy and my cheeks turn red in something between dismay and mortification, but I calm myself by telling now is not the time to be intimidated.