Letter #9

November 30th, 2013;  3:28 pm.

Dear Luke,

I tried to commit suicide last night.  Becca came in to get her purse she'd forgotten, and saw me struggling to tie a noose. 

She took it away from me and called the police.

They came in and took me to a doctor.  They wouldn't let me out of their sight.  They asked if I had anyone to stay with.  I didn't answer them the first couple of times.  It hurt too much to think about you.  I tried to stop the tears, but I couldn't.  I was balling and ended up trying to hit my head against the table to make me forget about you and everything else.

They put me in a room with nothing.  I sat on the floor and cried basically the whole night.  I had to beg them to give me a pencil and paper to write to you.

I told them there was nobody for me to live with.  I heard lots of whispers outside the door.  Then the doctor poked his head in and told me to come out there with them.

They told me my options.  

They said I could either (a. go to my parents home or (b stay in what they called a "padded room" until they decided I was better.  I took option b, because option a wasn't even an option in my opinion.

They drove me home in the cop car.  I had to pack a little bag full of personal items. 

I looked and looked around my room, but all I saw were pictures of you and I.  I grabbed my grandma's necklace, put it on, and handed the guard the empty bag.

I didn't have anything worth remembering.

-Ashley