SIX: IN MY FEELINGS

DERRICK

I had a good time the other night at Kel's. I got to learn so much about Miles and his friends. Troy told me him and Marissa been communicating for the past few days. I wonder what's gonna happen there?

Me and Miles been talking a lot since the other night. He is NOTHING like I  thought he was. He might be the smartest kid in school, but he's no lame. He goes out and do crazy shit like the rest of us.

I would be lying if I said my feelings for him weren't getting deeper and deeper cause they are. I don't know how I'm ever gonna explain to him how I feel. I'll probably fuck it up by saying something stupid.

Tori busts through my room door.

TORI: WHATCHA DOING?

DERRICK: TORI KNOCK NEXT TIME AND I'M NOT DOING ANYTHING. I'M JUST THINKING ABOUT SOMETHING.

TORI: OR SOMEONE.

DERRICK: SOMETHING LIKE THAT.

TORI: ANYONE I KNOW?

DERRICK: I DOUBT IT.

TORI: SHE REALLY HAS YOU IN YOUR FEELINGS. YOU PLAYING THE HELL OUT OF DRAKE'S "SCORPION" ALBUM.

DERRICK: DRAKE MY BOY. HE MAKES QUALITY ALBUMS.

TORI: I'M MORE PARTIAL TO DEMI LOVATO OR CAMILA CABELLO.

DERRICK: I'VE NOTICED. YOU KEEP PLAYING THEIR SONGS.

TORI: SO WHATCHA DOING TODAY?

DERRICK: I'M NOT SO SURE YET. MICAH ASKED ME TO COME OVER HIS HOUSE, BUT I TOLD HIM I'M JUST GONNA CHILL AT HOME TODAY.

TORI: I USE TO LIKE HIM, BUT SOMEWHERE ALONG THE WAY HE CHANGED.

Even my sister notices the change.

DERRICK: YOU, KEL, TROY, MILES, MARISSA, SEAN, GARRET, AND DYLAN ARE ALL ON THE SAME PAGE WHEN IT COMES TO MICAH.

TORI: WELL YOU BETTER GET ON THE SAME PAGE WITH US. ALL HE DOES IS CRITICIZE PEOPLE LIKE HIS SHIT DOESN'T STANK. DAD IS ANNOYED BY HIM AND YOU KNOW DAD LIKES EVERYONE.

DERRICK: I'VE NOTICED. I TRIED TALKING TO HIM, BUT HE'S TOO CAUGHT UP IN FIRE AND BRIMSTONE AND RELIGIOUS STUFF. NOT THAT I HAVE ANYTHING AGAINST IT, BUT HE'S DOING TOO MUCH.

TORI: CUT HIM LOOSE. I'M GONNA GO TEXT MILAN.

DERRICK: MILAN WHO?

TORI: MILAN GRANT.

DERRICK: MILES' BROTHER.

TORI: YEAH HE'S MY FRIEND.

DERRICK: OH OK.

Tori leaves the room and closes the door.

I gotta cut him loose. He's really making me uncomfortable with all the homophobia and hatred. I need advice. I need to meet up with Miles. He'll know what to say.