TWENTY FIVE: FAMILY REUNION, PT. 1

SELITA

I took the rest of the week off. I am drained emotionally and physically. Steve slept in the bed with me last night, but it was platonic. I'm with my dude and it's gonna stay that way.

I was able to reach Ronald on Facebook. I asked him to call me and he did just that.

I asked about how his life was going (I haven't heard from him since he and his wife left town and moved to Albany). He informed me that he and his wife got a divorce 5 years ago. They tried to make it work, but they had grown apart. I found out that they eventually had a son of their own. His name is Evan. He's 16. Cute kid. He and Keldric sorta look alike. He told me he's about to move back to Manhattan soon. He misses home. He loves Connecticut and all but it's not home to him.

Then I got down to the reason I was contacting him. I explained to him what all happened during Sunday dinner. He said he thought about reaching out to me about Keldric, but he couldn't find the courage to do so. I asked him if I could see him this weekend to discuss this more. He said he and Evan were coming to town today anyways so he said he'd stop by.

I just hope this doesn't come back to bite me in the ass. I wouldn't want to lose my son over some bullshit.