SIXTY THREE: DOUBLE WEDDING, PT. 3

I KNOW A LOT OF YOU AREN'T READY FOR THIS PART, BUT IT'S FINALLY HERE.

THE FINAL CHAPTER OF DERRICK + MILES.

I HOPE YOU ENJOY 😘😘😘😘

MILES

After Mom and Dad and Uncle Erik and Jasmine got all their congratulations and gifts from everyone, it was time to go into the building to eat.

I ain't gone pretend like I ain't hungry cause Lord knows I ain't ate today.

We're all in line getting our plates filled with this delicious food prepared by Marissa's Mom Anna.

Ms Anna and a few of the ladies from the church helped serve the food.

DERRICK: IT'S SO MUCH TO CHOOSE FROM. I DON'T KNOW WHERE TO START.

MILES: WHO YOU TELLING. I AIN'T ATE TODAY. I'M LIABLE TO GET A PORTION OF EVERYTHING.

DERRICK: YOU COULD USE SOME MEAT ON YOUR BONES. I'M JUST SAYING.

I hit Derrick on the shoulder.

DERRICK: WHAT WAS THAT FOR?

MILES: YOU KNOW WHAT THAT'S FOR. AND YOU AIN'T GETTING NO ASS LATER ON EITHER.

DERRICK: COME ON BAE. DON'T ACT LIKE THAT.

MILES: IT'S JUST LIKE THAT.

After we got our food, we went and sat at the table with my family.

Mom, Dad, Jasmine, Uncle Erik, Grandma Jess, Grandpa Roy, Grandpa George, Grandma Eve, Mrs. Lola, Dylan, Garrett, Milan, and Tori were already sitting down.

Keldric, Troy, Marissa, Sean, Damion, Natalia, Adrian, Brad, Kristian, Lacy, and Evan were sitting at the table in front of us and behind them were Mrs. Brenda, Mr. Brian, Mrs. Louise, Mrs. Selita, Mr. Steve, and Mr. Ronald.

Grandma Eve kept rolling her eyes at Ms. Lola and Grandpa George.

He looked as if he didn't have a care in the world.

He kissed Lola.

Grandma Eve looked as if she wanted to cry.

Seeing her like this almost makes me want to feel bad for her, but this is her fault.

MILAN: (WHISPERING) WATCH THIS.

What the hell is he finna do.

MILAN: GRANDPA GEORGE, HOW DID YOU AND LOLA MEET?

GEORGE: AT THE MARKET OF ALL PLACES. WE WERE BOTH REACHING FOR THE SAME BAG OF POTATOES, WHICH WAS THE LAST ONE. SHE TOLD ME I COULD HAVE IT, BUT I INSISTED SHE HAVE. THEN SHE ASKED ME DID I WANT TO COME OVER FOR DINNER AND I HAPPILY ACCEPTED. THE REST IS HISTORY. EVERYDAY I FALL MORE AND MORE IN LOVE WITH THIS BEAUTIFUL WOMAN.

LOLA: OH GEORGE.

GEORGE: IT'S TRUE.

DYLAN: DO I HEAR WEDDING BELLS IN FUTURE?