Chapter 24 // The end

Jimin

After slamming the door, I walked along the path a little before looking back.

Waiting..

Waiting for him to come out...

Waiting for him to explain himself even more...

Waiting for him to love me...

But I just looked like an idiot.

He wasn't going to come out...

How dumb could I be... I walked out on him, of course he won't...

I don't know what to do, or where to go... I'm just alone...

With Jongmin...

I frowned, wiping the remaining tears out of my eyes.

I really did think he loved me...

But he proved me wrong, he was so violent... because of a friendship...?

I can't believe him.

And as if on queue, along walked Namjoon, stopping right in front of the house. We both stared at each other.

"What are you doing here Namjoon?"

"Where are you going?"

"It's none of your business. I asked first."

"I'm going to see my friend. I need to apologise to him for being selfish."

"...oh... yeah... well. You're too late.."

"What?"

"He doesn't love me Namjoon, he only wants his best friend back. So."

I laughed, still in denial.

"You can be his friend now Namjoon, I'm no longer in the way of you two... I'm no longer a nuisance. I'm no longer anything, apparently. I'm just Jimin.. Jimin isn't important anymore. So Jimin is going to leave."

"What?"

I turned around, seeing Hoseok, even though I just wanted him to come out here... even though I wanted him.. I didn't.. not in front of Namjoon.... Namjoon's the reason this happened... I hope he's happy with himself.

"..you heard me Hoseok. Don't try to say otherwise. You know it's true."

After I said that, I walked off, Jongmin cried, wanting to go back, so I let him go.

You're probably not safe with me anyway...

I did feel hurt, and I did feel bad... but what can I do... love only lasts for so long... it's like I'm tied up in a web of lies, never being able to escape, the predator always coming back... or... in this case, never coming back... why would they... why would he... I'm a mess... i shouldn't have acted the way I did.. I know I shouldn't. But he shouldn't have either. He seriously hurt me, mentally more than physically. I'm not going to let him get in the way of my happiness. He can't just bash out on me like that... I thought he loved me...

"Jimin! Come back! Stop being silly!"

"I'm not being silly! You hurt me Hoseok, you really hurt me."

"I'm sorry for grabbing at your wrist!"

"It's not just that! You yelled at me for no relevant reason! If your best friend is more important than me, then fine, take your friendship dramas out on me. Make me the bad guy, make me feel like shit, whatever. I don't care anymore. The next time you want to blame me, make sure it's for an actual reason, not an assumption. Namjoon! You know I wouldn't EVER steal Hoseok from you! You know I wouldn't! If you don't then you clearly don't trust me either. Neither of you do. So I'm done okay! You can go kiss each other's asses for all I care. I'm sure if this was Jin in my place, and you in Hoseok's place, Hoseok would regret splitting you two up. And you'd feel like shit for hurting Jin. And you know how Jin would feel? ... wait, you don't deserve to know. You don't care anyway. If you cared about my feelings you wouldn't have been so disrespectful and rude in the first place!"