18.

look, i know i haven't been updating, but i have a reason so put those daggers and knifes back. i have been so busy since school started and i've been busy with my BNHA  fanfic as well as some other novels i've been writing, i have not gotten a chance to write anything in the FF. apologies -  zelia.

the trial ended. the killer who killed ibuki and hiyoko was tsumiki. i'm still shocked. who isn't?

"who was that mikan...from earlier? was that her true form, or is that itself a symptom of the despair disease?" gundham asked no one in particular. "it doesn't matter either way. if she ended up like that from just remembering, then all along, mikan was never worth being a symbol of hope. so let's just move on." and now we got the hope bagel lover right here who is not helping with the mood. 

"th-that is impossible! i mean... i thought we were friends this whole time...but even so..." sonia teared up. "it would've been so much easier if she was the traitor too..." kazuichi added. "too bad. that's not the case. mikan was not the traitor. the traitor is still alive. as proof, see how fine monomi looks right now." monokuma laughed.

"i-i'm not fine at all..." she replied. "but if the traitordied, you wouldn't be this calm right?" monokuma tilted his head. "i mean... you're both pawns of the future foundation. so you guys are like two hearts being as one, right?"

"what does that make you, fiend? you did say that you're diffrent then monomi." gundham said. "it's not important who i am. there was so many drama going on, i didn't had a chance to eat my black bean!" he laughed. 

"enough of that, what are you trying to say?" monomi pointed. "you know, isn't it said that life has it's ups and downs? it's fun because downs come after ups, but if life as full of downs, wouldn't it get boring?" he started "sooo, in order to help you guys feel better, i've prepared a special event!" he continued.

"special event?" me and hinata said at the same time. "head over to the first island beach. an old friend will be waiting there." he laughed. "old friend...?" hajime wondered. "could it be...nekomaru? is it!? it is, isn't it!? nekomaru was safe after all?" owari panicked. "um...safe...how should i say this?" oh no... "what did you do this time?" i thought silently while everyone else was rejoicing. 

"i...i want to warmly welcome nekomaru when he returns to us!" i heard sonia say. "then lets head on over there quick!" i ran past them all to the elevator. you could clearly tell by the atmosphere everyone had a mixed feeling between excitement and sadness. what a weird feeling.

the elevator shook a little all of the sudden and i lost my balance. nagito, who was standing infront of me tried to grab me but instead falling on top of me. thank the author we were standing at the very back so no one really saw us.

"can you.. get off me now? you're really...heavy.." i looked away from his eyes. "ah...right...sorry..." he began standing up and helped me up too. the elevator door opened and everyone rushed outside and made their way to the beach. "shouldn't we get going now?" i sweat dropped. "i guess.." he scratch the back of his neck in awkwardness and decided to drag me to the beach.