Chapter 19 ~ Broken

Your parents are the people who you are supposed to trust with your life. They raise you until your old enough to go off on your own. You have a bond with them like no other. But the bond is easily broken. The bond that I had had with my father was gone when he disappeared. And I never really had one with Dineadale since he never favored me. But my mother was a whole different story. She was always there for me, always. She never stopped being the best mother she could be. And you would think that she wouldn’t keep secrets from me, he first born, her only daughter. But no. My whole life seems to be a lie. And that bond, its gone.

As soon as she told me that everything that man who is my father said was true, it was gone. It was gone, ripped at its seams, pounded and broken, smashed into little bite sized pieces. Destroyed forever. It was smashed and banged around and crushed and shredded and… and it flew away with all the other lost causes. It’s lost in the wind, never to be seen again.

Once the bond is gone it will never come back. It can’t be mended by hugs and kisses. No matter what that bond will never appear. Just because of one lie. Just because my mother couldn’t tell me that my father was still alive and healthy.

And she knew by the look in my eyes that I would never be able to trust her again. She knew that the past was the past and the present would be nothing like it.

She knew that she lost her one and only daughter.