Chapter 4 ~ Unwanted Memories

I was walking home with Linelle and Ayla all of us were shocked.

''He actually asked you to call him Legolas.'' Linelle said.

''I know I'm as surprised as you are.''

The three of us walked onto my house ''mom I'm home'' I yelled.

''I'm in the kitchen honey.''

We walked into the kitchen hoping my mother would let Ayla stay with us. My mother can be super nice and welcoming or down right moody. I always hope to catch her in a good mood.

''Naneth I have a question for you.''

She turned around from whatever she was cooking. She looked at me then Ayla then me again.

''Ayla here has no family that we know of. I was wondering if she could stay with us for a little while.''

She sighed, ''of course honey I'll just have to find some of your old clothes for her to wear.'' My mother took Ayla upstairs and I looked back at Linelle.

''That was an interesting day.'' I said sitting down at the table.

''Well its not everyday that you almost get killed and are allowed to call the prince by his first name.''

''Just don't tell anybody yet.''

''OK then but I should get going.'' I nodded and Linelle left me sitting there in my own thoughts.

''Die you filthy orcs!'' My brother yelled running down the stairs with...

''Farin!'' I yelled. ''Where did you get that?''

''Momma gave it to me because she found it looking through some old stuff.''

''Do you know what this is?'' I asked him taking it out of his hand.

''It was Ada's old sword.''

My father. Technically you can't even call him that. I hate him. As I looked at the blade all the painful memories came flooding back.

---FLASHBACK---

''Ada'' I squeaked excitedly running over to him. It was a calm peaceful night in Greenwood. Naneth was getting dinner ready. The kingdom was a safe beautiful place and there was no danger. At the time I was an only child and it was fun getting all the attention to myself.

My father picked me up and twirled me around both of us laughing. He was burly for an elf. Almost human like. He had short black hair and piercing green eyes. He sat me down at the dinner table and and the three of us started to eat. It was a perfect night, the last perfect night.

''Eda'' my mother said. I looked up at her ''Harron has died.''

Harron was supposed to be my little brother. I frowned and looked at my mothers stomach.

''He's not coming out?'' I asked the way little kids do.

That made my mother cry. My father took me into his huge arms.

''No my darling. He's not coming out.'' Even though I didn't totally understand I still cried.

I put myself to bed that night. Both my parents were downstairs to caught up in their own problems. I laid in bed until sleep took me over.

Bang! I heard as the back door was pushed in. I sat up with a startle. I went into the nightstand and grabbed the small dagger my father gave me. 'Only when it is needed' I remembered him telling me.

'Its needed' I thought to myself. I ran down the stairs with the dagger in hand. When I was downstairs I was greeted with a pool of blood, my crying mother, and my fathers sword.

That night I swore revenge.

---END OF FLASHBACK---

''He was not your father'' I mumbled loud enough so my mother who was walking down the stairs could hear.

''Edarrana!'' My mother yelled.

''Its true!'' I yelled right back.

It actually was true. Years later Dinedal came, married my mother, and had Farin. Right now Dinedal is away an some sort of mission. Leaving his family behind.

''He has no right to be playing with my father's sword!'' I ran upstairs to my room and put it in my chest where it will be safe.

Where it will be safe...

Hello everyone hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Please vote and comment!!!!!!!

Until next time...

Adios chimichangos ;-)