Chapter 4

We took off and headed back to the ship. I sat on a seat directly across from the one and only fugitive, aka Loki. He was staring at me. I couldn't help but look back at him. Partly because I wanted him to feel uncomfortable just as I do. I noticed that his eyes were a bright blue like electricity or ice almost.

"Do you want something?" I questioned him

"I can't help but wonder who you are."

"I told you my name is Tidal,"

"Who are you really though? Your parents, your siblings?"

"I...I" I started to answer but my mind went back to the lab. I saw the men in white coats. The needles and the pain of what they did. I felt the sharp pains of being beaten or being tortured.

I saw my mother die right in front of me. My father selling me to Hydra for his money. I saw myself being taken advantage of and beaten. Laying in the cell bruised and broken waiting for anyone to save me knowing that it would never come.

Everything came spinning through my mind.

The pain searing its way back into my mind.

I felt myself whimper a little but shook it off and opened my eyes.

My eye opened to see Loki still staring at me, but this time the only things I saw present on his face was concern. I was sure that he knew what I was thinking. What must his life have been to make it so that he understood what mine was like?

I opened my mouth to say something but the sound of lightning interrupted. I looked up and even though I couldn't see through the jet I was sure that the storm was bad.

"What's the matter scared of a little lightning," Steve asked. I looked over at Loki and sure enough, he looked frightened.

"I'm not overly fond of what follows,"

It was like the storm knew what he said and wanted to prove it. Right after he said that a loud bang came through the jet. It even jolted a bit. Tony grabbed his helmet and put it on then he walked over to the hanger door and opened it. Both Steve and I began to ask him what he was doing but were cut off by the person who dropped down on the door.

The man hit Tony straight in the face sending him flying back. He then grabbed Loki by the throat and jumped out of the jet.

My heart started to pound. I wouldn't fail this mission because of some random dude. I jumped out of my set and ran to the door. I could just barely see them but didn't hesitate anymore. I jumped out and willed the wind to push me faster.

They landed on a hill and then started to talk. I floated in the air a few minutes and overheard some of there conversation. They said something about going home and someone who controls the tesseract. I didn't really pay attention.

I dropped myself on a rock just a little higher than them. They both stopped bickering and just looked at me. I jumped off the rock landing right next to Loki.

"Hey, guys what you two bickering about?" I asked

"This does not concern you. I would leave before you put yourself in danger." the man said his voice gruff and deep.

"Oh, you don't have to worry about me. I am a big girl and can take care of myself. Just hand over Loki."

"What business do you have with my brother?"

"Your brother? Oh, you must be Thor the god of thunder."

"I am, but who are you?" I held in a laugh as all I could think about was the caterpillar from Alice and Wonderland. I felt that I was Alice and he was the caterpillar and it was just the circle of questions.