Chapter 13

After a lot of persuading of the nurses and the hospital, and I think a little money, Tony had freed me from the hospital. He took me and Loki into his car driving me to the Avengers tower. When we arrived I went and sat on the couch next to Tony. Loki had gone out walking into his room while we waited for all the other Avengers.

"Tony the others have arrived in the building. They are currently on two floors below." the robotic voice.

"Are you ready, Eve?" Tony asked looked at the empty chair beside him, "I'll take that as a yes."

He looked at the elevator as it beeped opening revealing the rest of the Avengers. They all walked out looking at Tony alone on the couch, their eyes all falling lower as their faces fell. They made their way to the couch all taking a seat looking at Tony waiting for him to start talking.

After a few moments of silence, he opened his mouth and started talking. He told them how he had gone to visit Eve that morning and when he had gotten their her heart began to fail. He told them how after a long few hours of the doctors doing anything they could she hadn't made it, that she was gone and wasn't coming back.

I watched as the faces of my friends all fell father as their eyes watered and tears fell out. I felt bad for doing this and regretted my decision on tricking them. I had thought it would be funny and a fun little trick to play on them but she felt awful as she watched her friends began to cry and become upset at the news.

I turned visible again and ran over to Nat giving her a hug, repeating that I was sorry over and over again.

"Eve!" she shouted surprised and a little upset at the same time.

"I'm sorry, I didn't want to make you this upset, it was just supposed to be a surprise and a joke. I'm sorry."

She pushed me away slapping me on the cheek. My hand flying to my cheek as everyone else shouted in protest, "I'm sorry Eve but I had to do it, you are stupid. Don't ever do that again."

I looked up at her again my eyes watery from my hurt cheek, but I had deserved.

"Sorry to all of you." I said looking at everyone else, "I'm sorry for the joke, I won't do it again."

Everyone slowly stood up before they all come over bringing me into a huge hug with everyone. I felt more tears fall out of my eyes and I knew some of them were crying as well. Tony soon joined us and we all jug hugged from the joy of me being back. I was finally home.

I sat in my room that night looking out of the window at the still destroyed city. Building on fire, wreckage all over the streets. What had the Avengers been doing with the time I was asleep? Had they been laying around doing nothing or where they actually helping out the community and those who lived in it? Had they been helping rebuild? If not I would have a serious talk with them tomorrow.

"Eve, what are you thinking about?" I heard Loki ask from behind me, as his arm wrapped around my shoulder.

"Just thinking about everyone. I don't know what I can do to help them."

"I know you'll figure it out, but for right now you need sleep."

I nodded, he let go stepping back a few steps, walking off from the window going into my bathroom and changing into some comfy leggings and a loose-fitting tank top. I finished up brushing my teeth and just brushing through my hair once more. Once I was done I walked out and sat on my bed next to Loki who was still waiting for me.

"Are you going to be okay?" he asked holding my hand.

"I think so. What could go wrong?" Loki didn't seem to believe me but soon he gave in, standing up and walking to the door.