[1.6] The Tale Of A Woman Who Disappeared

The second Vixen left Alec.

*crash*

"My fucking god, the last time I teleported into a shitty place was into the middle of world war II." I murmed to myself trying to cloud out all the overcoming feelings of leaving the nephilim.

"Vixen?" Artemisia's familiar voice called out from behind me.

I finally looked up from my scrawled position on the kitchens table, the familiar blue walls and the feeling of calmness reminded me of the last time I was here.

"Ah fuck" sitting up I said to the short yet beautiful woman. "Would you perhaps make me a cup of coffee?"

Her blue eyes narrowed in though and she sighed before walking over to the coffee maker.

"What the hell have you been up to?" her calm voice cooled my feelings and I got up from the table to sit on the high chair.

My silence probably disturbed her as she turned around to look at me, finally noticing the tired and glassy eyes.

I stayed silent thinking if I was making the right choice.

"The spirits of the lost kitsunes will leave my body." I told her quietly whilst rubbing my temples. "soon."

She made her way to me with two cups of coffee.

"... How long do you have?"

"A month or so." I said as she sat down in front of me.

She took a sip of her drink before putting it down. "Why are you really here Vixen? I have known you since 1856 when you came to my rescue, and never once have you been like... this"

"I believe I found the one my kitsune's spirit accepted as our own." she looked me in the eyes waiting for the 'but' that always comes. "but he's a nephilim, whose duty now is to marry another. A woman of high command in the council no doubt. Who is he to leave his family for me?"

I couldn't think of it anymore, I never felt this much emotions.

"Vix... I know your past... I know what you have suffered trought and how you mask it up with sarcasm, but I do wish that you could stay with that man, the one whose making you cry right now, but as you once told me."

"everyone has a part to play in life. Time to play yours"

I nodded, understandkng my situation before getting up and hugging her.

"good bye for now my dear." I whispered into her ear before leaving once again now fully seeing what I had to do.

Two weeks after this.

Only days left counting. I though while walking down the streets of New York.

A lot has happened since the day I left.

Few so I can't even mention to you.

I walked down the paths of a park, the moon shining down on me, the park was empty it self.

But I loved it the most like this, no little kids with their parents whose only worries were finances.

It was just me and my thoughs.

I didn't know what Alec was doing, but I never stopped thinking of him. Those goddamn blue puppy eyes were to die for.

I sat down on one of the benches on the little bridge as unknowingly Alexander himself just ran out of his own wedding headed for the woman who he did love.

It could of been a second or maybe an hour of me sitting there looking at the rushing water in front.

I decided to stand up walking on the way to the exit, before a certain someone ran to me.

Stopping just centimeters away was the man who captured my heart with a few word, he was dressed in formal white suit which could only mean...

"Vixen..." he looked at her as if she would dissappear like she did before so not to waste any time he put his hands on her neck and cheek looking closely at the woman he left his arranged marriage for. Her brown celestial eyes gazing at him, he almsot froze at the spot but no more would he wait to know how it feels to kiss and hold her. "I never wanted that marriage. Since the second I saw you... my heart belonged to yo-"

He got cut of as Vixen wrapped her arms around his neck, kissing him like she always wanted to.

His arms fell from her face and to her waist bringing her closer.

She stopped before looking at him, the same blue stormy eyes she saw in the club that night, just now filled with emotions that were clouded for years.

"so was mine" this time he leaned forward to kiss her himself.

She leaned her head away, smiling at him finally letting herself see that it was all real.

He smiled, the little smile that she couldn't help but love.

"we should probably head back to the Institute." he murmed silently not wanting this moment to be over.

"we should" she let out.