Chapter 5

They were snuggled up tight on Kara's couch the as they watched Kryptonian movies, (which in Lena's opinion were ten times better than Earth movies) when it happened.

The main character was just about to profess her undying love to her best friend, (just like Lena wanted to do) when the front doorbell rang... Was this the man that was supposed to take Kara away from her forever? The man that was going to rip her heart out of her chest for the final time?

Kara squealed. "That's my Mom! She'll be so glad to see you!"

When Alura entered, it was with a bright smile on her face. "Lena Luthor!" She said dramatically. "It is an honor to see you again."

"It's nice to see you too, Ms. El."

Alura waved her hand in dismissal. "It's In-Ze now. Once Zor-El passed away, my name reverted to its maiden state. But that's beside the point! You're the woman who saved Argo from certain doom... You get to call me Alura." She said as she offered Lena her hand.

Lena accepted the offered appendage. "Well, you're the woman who blessed me with my best friend, so you get to call me Lena." She said with a chuckle.

She was incredibly shocked that the Kryptonians seemed to genuinely appreciate what she'd done for them genuinely; and that they didn't just take for granted her work and expect her to turn evil whenever something terrible happened... Like her ship crashing in the middle of their town. "It was an honor to help you. The Harun-El was easy to make once I perfected it, it was the least I could do after all that your daughter has done for our planet."

Alura looked at her daughter with the most prideful expression Lena had ever seen and nodded. "My daughter is incredible," She announced. "Which is why I'm eternally grateful that she found incredible people like you and Alex on Earth."

Lena was in awe... No one but Kara had ever called her anything but evil.
No one but Kara had ever seen good in her.
No one but Kara had thanked her.

She had never felt more welcome anywhere than she did on Krypton, and it had only been twelve hours. "We're lucky to have her."

Kara's blush was worth all the sappiness in the world to Lena, which is why she would continue being sappy around her until the day she died. "I see where you get your charming characteristics, Kara." Lena teased. "Like mother like daughter."

All three women laughed for a moment before Alura straightened up. "The bonding ceremony will be in a month. Does that sound good to you?" She asked, causing Lena's chest to tighten and her stomach to churn... She didn't want to listen to this.

Kara nodded. "That should be good."

Alura smiled. "Great! It is customary for the partner in the highest ranking house to pick out the bond bracelets. So, would you like me to order the same ones your father and I wore, or would you like to go to the jewelry shop uptown and look for some yourself?"

Kara smiled. "I think Lena and I can go when she's walking again. Right, Lee?"

Lena's heart cracked, she didn't want to watch Kara pick out the Kryptonian version of wedding rings, especially when they weren't going to be for them to wear. But she couldn't very well tell Kara that, now could she? She didn't want to let Kara down, and she didn't want to put her feelings on display once more, so she nodded with a tight-lipped smile. "Mhm! Of course."

Kara jumped in excitement. "You're the best. This is so exciting!"

Lena nodded her head, even though for her, this was the opposite of exciting. In fact, she was dreading every moment of it. "Yeah, it sure is!" She lied through her teeth.