Chapter 10

They hadn't let go of each other, they were in love, and nothing could bring Lena down from the high she was on.

For the past four years, she had wanted nothing more than to be with Kara, and she was so close to having it all with her, but she couldn't hold back the fear she felt when she thought about the Matricomp... She didn't want to have to give Kara up; not now... Not after knowing what it felt like to have Kara's lips pressed against her own.

Not when she knew what it felt like to have Kara staring at her with love in her eyes.

She looked up to Kara and smiled when she found Kara already watching her. "I love you."

"I love you too," Kara whispered reverently as she leaned down to capture Lena's lips.

The same feeling of intensely overwhelming joy overflowed her again, and she smiled brightly. "I don't think I'll ever get used to how amazing it feels to hear you say that."

Kara giggled. "I don't think I'm ever going to get used to being able to say it."

Lena's heart swelled with adoration for the woman before her. "As long as you keep wanting to say it, I think we'll be okay." She smiled.

Kara squeezed her tighter than before. "I'll never stop wanting to say it."

"Say what?" Lena asked, playing coy.

Kara smirked and rose her hand to her chest as she spoke dramatically. "That I, Kara Zor-El Danvers am madly in love with you, Lena Kieran Luthor."

Lena laughed in admiration as she kissed Kara's cheek. "Well, Kara Zor-El Danvers, I, Lena Kieran Luthor, am also in love with you."

They beamed at each other for a few moments, before Lena remembered that she couldn't keep on with this without knowing for sure that they would be able to get married. "Why don't we go and get tested now?" She asked in faux-excitement. "I want the world to know we're together."

Kara smiled. "We could make it Instagram official? You have over 20 million followers."

Lena playfully rolled her eyes. "Could you imagine how badly your sister would react to that?" She asked. "I'd like to stay alive, so no thank you to that." She laughed because there was no way in hell she was going to let Kara tell anyone first but Alex. She knew that no one, not even her, would be more important to Kara than Alex, and she wanted to be on good terms with her at all times, because if Alex ever made it clear that it was either her or Lena... Kara would say goodbye to Lena in an instant... There was no disputing that, but at the current moment, she wasn't up for telling anyone about their newly instated relationship, until she was sure that their relationship would be able to stay instated.

"How about we go get tested at the Matricomp, and then from there we can figure out a plan?" Lena suggested cautiously.

Kara frowned. "Why is the Matricomp suddenly so important to you?" She asked. "I already told you that I'm not leaving you no matter what that number is."

Lena swallowed, trying desperately to hide her intentions. "I know that, but I'm really excited to know. Can we just... Please, Kara?" She hated how desperate and needy she sounded, but that was exactly what she was.

Desperate to find out if she could be with the love of her life and needing the answer to be yes.

She was also terrified, anxious, and head over heels in love, but that was beside the point.

Kara sighed and shook her head with a fond smile on her face. "Okay, okay... We can go and test ourselves. But I'm sure we're compatible Lena... and even if we're not-,"