Predator

Helena (POV)

The streets were crowded with people, holding banners, leis, some were even shouting and cheering.

I of course walked silently to myself along with Leo. He follows me everywhere. Really. I mean if I just keep to myself then no one would know I am here let alone in a different country.

My foot steps became heavier as I made my way through, trying not to bump along the people that had blocked my path. Leo made sure I had a path to follow.

Father is just way too over protective ever since the passing of mother when I was very little.

Thankfully Leo was like an older brother though he could try and smile a bit more. I had told him if he frowns a whole lot, his face will start to sag. Didn't happen though. Rather it was quite the opposite which was amusing because even though he is suppose to be keeping watch of me, these woman doesn't hesitate to flaunt their body at him. Seriously, Leo wouldn't even give any of them the time of day.

The sun was now setting as my sight caught on to a powerful predator stalking away from unwanted eyes.

Its eyes zooming on the prey before her, slowly ready to pounce on any movements that poses a threat. She was always there lurking beneath the shadows with eyes that glimmer in the dark.

None the less I kept my vision straight trying to find that one person who means so much to me.

"Leo? Have you seen him?"

Shaking his head he casted his eyes upon me, "No my lady."

If only I could roll my eyes, I would. How many times have I told him to call me by a name that I shall respond to. "Leo, in here, in public its Elena."

I quietly ordered only for him to bow his head in shame, "Excuse me my..." he stopped before going any further, "Elena." The words had choked out of his mouth. I could tell he was uncomfortable calling me by that name but I was here discretely.

I do not wish to be hounded by unwanted attention.

"Congratulations Edward." A high pitch voice was sounded causing me to turn my head.

Edward. That name all too familiar with me.

Turning my head to that sound my eyes lowered itself. I have found who I was looking for, Edward. A name I shall never forget.

Though his arms were wrapped around a tiny red head. There he was kissing, in public no less. Did he not care about public affections. I for one would not be caught kissing no less in public surrounded by cameras and the many eyes.

Would it be rude of me to interrupt? Holding out my hands, Leo had given me the box that was neatly gift wrapped. But the red head had offered him flowers and a lei to which he seemed happy. Flowers for a man? Maybe I should've bought him flowers instead?

I was never good with dealing with the opposite sex. In fact I never had friends that could meet my standards.

And even if I did, they seem to always laugh at whatever I was saying even if it wasn't a joke. They'd laugh and mostly agree to what I had converse with.

But Edward or Eddie as I called him was different. In fact he was the only one who could argue with me and not be threaten by the consequences. My father thought to be amusing when he had won most of the battles.

With enough courage I walked up to the two couple who seem to be in their own world and stop short.

For the first time I wasn't being notice. Maybe I should head back.