Disconnected

Helena (POV)

"Sweet heart, why don't you get some rest."  Fredrick gently ordered.

"No father, there are a lot of paper works to be done."

My head turned to the piece of documents that needed to be attended. 

Near the fire place in my own office, yes I have my own office which it looks more like a small library with Sariah comfortable laying in front of the fire place.

After Edward had left there was no reason for me to continue as Elena.  I had thanked Katie for her services as she head back home that is until she is needed and I had resumed as Princess Helena busy helping my father with certain delegations.

Aside from that I had started my own projects.  Best way to keep myself busy from thinking about a certain someone.  I couldn't afford to get distracted. 

Leo and George had been punishment by my grandfather, not for aiding Edward in his escape of which he knew nothing of, rather for aiding myself.  Though George is loyal to grandfather he has some heart towards me and for that I am grateful.  The two guards had served community service after the having 20 lashings.  I had apologized to the both of them however the two had said they would do it again.  It was no coincidence that the two had thought alike considering the two are fraternal twins.  Yup, the two are brothers and though they look different they think alike.  But don't tell them I said that because they'd rather get 20 more lashings then be known as brothers.  

It has been almost half a year since I had last saw let alone spoke to him.  Not once had he tried to contact me.

Still I couldn't help but wonder if he is well.  Perhaps he is enjoying his life with his new fiance. 

"Helena!  You have mail."  Maria popped into my office forgetting about honorifics.  "And this looks elegant."  She rolled her eyes placing a grey gold trim envelope on my desk. 

I don't usually get mail unless it comes in a brown envelope.

My fingers where shaking as I had used the letter opener to carefully open the envelope.

My eyes shock as it scans the contents of the card that I pulled out.

Placing the card back down I could only cry in silent.

"Sweet heart, what is it?"  My father rubbed my shoulders.

"He's gone father, I lost him."  Tears now stained the documents as one by one it had fallen of my cheeks.

"Well can you blame him?  After all he only wanted your crown and when he has his own you are no longer needed."  Maria bellowed.

"Out!" I shouted towards Maria, I didn't want to hear her banter but I couldn't help replay the words she spoke of.

Is that true?  Was he just like every one else.  Did he only befriend me because of the power I held?  Shaking my head no, I refuse to believe that.  We were friends, best friends.

Memories continue to plague my mind.

"Why don't we go?"  My father chimed up.  "As guest and we shall bring Davin with us after all he's you..."

"Don't you dare finish that sentence."  Rummaging through my papers, "Isn't there a way out of that stupid agreement?"

"If there is, I haven't found one yet."  Fredrick Sighed.

"Oh for goodness sake.  I'll make a loop hole.  It was grandfather who made those rules and I will be the one to change in.  What good is having this crown if I can't change anything."

"You are right sweet heart but in the mean time let's attend to this event."

"But father, grandfather will be against it."

"And who says he has to find out."  My father's eyes glimmered.

Really, this man here is can be good at being evil if he wants to.

"But what if it's a trap?"  This could be true.  To let our guard down.  It'd be the perfect plan.

"Yes, it could be, but this is Edward we are talking about.  Do you honestly think he would let any harm come to you."

I wish I could say he is right, but sadly I don't know what to think any more.  Maybe he has forgotten about me?

Gazing back at the card and reading the contents once again, my heart was like falling into and endless bottomless pit.  What if he doesn't have feelings for me?  Was his love really that weak that he not once tried to contact me. 

I don't care how at least a letter saying he was okay.  Maybe when he left he was really angry at me.  He didn't even get to hear my confession.  I Love him.  Why is it so easy for me to say it now that he is thousands of miles away.

Looking at my father I laid my shoulders on his head as he looked at me sadly while picking up the envelope he read aloud, "You are cordially invited to attend Prince Edward Phillip and Ms. Dora Cravington in their royal wedding.