Blood in the Night

Helena (POV)

Laughter is all I hear. "Should've stayed home and get a pedicure instead." My head had whipped to the right listening to a bunch of over grown man gathering around while he continues to point out the differences between man and woman.

Standing next to me was Sariah. She too didn't like the disrespect.

"I bet she would break a nail once she holds this baby." Another big oof held a semi auto fire arm. We were heavily packed and equipped with all kinds of fire arms down to a small hand gun pistols.

More laughter as I watch their eyes roll back and forth. "If she wanted to handle guns, I can give her a big gun to handle." Another one had grabbed his crotch and thrusts it in a forwarding motion.

My teeth had gritted in anger. Is this the men that I'm suppose to go into battle with. A bunch of fools if they think they can underestimate me. Sure I may not have the muscle to take on a 200 pound man with fists but I bet their asses I can shoot a semiautomatic rifle blind folded.

Slowly walking up to them, the men had immediately their mouth all but the one with his back face towards me as he continues to mock me.

"Don't you see, what will happen if we have a girl to lead us..." He stop when he had notice none of the men had made any eye contact.

"What?" The man continued as I had tapped his shoulder only to be met with his wide eye expression.

I may be a girl but thankfully Katie had given me all the rights to take charge. Hell if I wanted to I could have Sariah have fun with these pathetic excuse of a man.

"Oh it's you." He sighed not caring that he was just caught.

Glaring at him from head to toe, I reached for his hand gun that was around his belt, removed the safety and pointed toward him.

This shook everyone and gain everyone's attention. "Look put that down before you poke an eye out." The man whose name I do not know, he must be new because I practically know everyone, held up his hands.

"What? Afraid I will break a nail?"

"What?"

"Dance?"

"What?" Again he repeated.

"You heard me?" I cocked the gun as it clicks he jumped.

"Look put that down little girl."

"Private, dance." This time I growled. And when he attempted no movement, I shot fired below his feet where he had jumped before putting the safety back on.

"There that wasn't so bad."

He gulped as I handed him the gun.

Looking towards all the group of men they had a rather worried and scared expression. Good.

"Attention!" I yelled with authority. I had to show these men I am in charge. Right now I have control of second, third, and forth platoon while Leo has the rest of the other platoon. Hopefully he is doing much better than me as I try to gain the respect of my army.

Watching, I waited for each man to take their stance. Their automatic rifles place in front of them, and their hand guns on either side of their belts.

"I do not appreciate me being the butt of your jokes. I may be a woman but I can assure you, I can whip all your asses. Now are there any more mockery." My eyebrows furrowed and the room has given me their full attentions.

"We were trained and prepared for this. I expect you not to die out there that is an order. As you can all see we have the weapons use them." Which is true. As for me, those semiautomatic rifles that I was offered, I had refuse. It was just too damn heavy for me to run and carry with it. But I wasn't going to tell them that.