Ladies Night

Helena (POV)

It's been several weeks and I wanted to share the news with Edward. I was hoping I would catch him in his room.

Unfortunately, there are no signs that he has ever been in his room.

Even that red head. I have not seen her for days. As for Maria and Davin they are distraught about their mother being arrested. I can't actually say that those two were involve but my guess is they were kept in the dark.

My father has been getting stronger physically. However he hasn't woken up yet but the antidote we had concocted was working. The doctors said his body is gathering up strength and should wake up soon.

There is another meeting later today, another one and I have never seen grandfather so worked up before.  Since my father was still in a dream like state, the Princess which is me of course was obligated to attend in his stead. 

'We are at War.' News about our King has spread like wild fire and grandfather has called the meeting that is to happened in a few minutes to address our countries concern.

Everyone had attended as well as Katie who is still poising as me.

"We are at war." Katie's voice bounced off the room. Without a King our rivelry has come forward.

This is my worst nightmare. The war that had taken place years ago, is being brought back. We are now haunted by the ghost of our past. Lives were lost that year and we didn't want to go through another war, not if it meant loosing a battle we never won in the first place.

"Those who think without our King, we are at our weakest, well let us show them what we are capable of."

The room cheered as Katie had spoken.  This room was full of the highest ranking court officers there are.  Why shouldn't they be here after all each one with their own sets of special skills commanding their own platoon which can consists of about 30-40 men. 

We had a good amount of man power.  Which way may need right now. 

"Without our King our you to lead us?" One of the commanding officer stood up. Of course we all know that the princess can't go to war this is where I come in.

"I will have Elena as my acting general in all aspects and negotiations to command my army."  My sight went towards my grandfather at Katie's proposal who remained stoic.  I had thought seeing I am his only grandchild he would rebut unfortunately he's probably eager to get rid of me.  And this is how he knows how without getting his hands dirty. 

"You can't be serious. She is a woman." I wanted to chopped the head of the Prime minister. Who says a woman can't go into battle as long as they are qualified right.

"Are you, Prime minister telling me a woman is incapable of handling military tactics. I can assure you that Elena is far better than all the men here put together. She is trained in this and she knows all the military strategy. I will put the safety of everyone and this country in her hands."

I glared at Katie. Though she knows what she's talking about I can't help that she just had put a big chip on my shoulders.  It's true though.  I was trained by the King himself and Leo of course.

"Trust your country, trust in me. We will not let this war be our down fall. We will show the entire world how united and strong we are. We will take this war to them."

After her speech, she had gotten the room cheering and hyped up. Forget about me being a girl, no one cares about that now.

"And for this I shall lend her Sariah to confront our enemies." We only had one enemy and we had thought we took out the opposing royal family. They were oppression their people and with a cry for help we oblige. Thankfully they had poor military tactics and we were able to subdue them but now they are back.