33

October 4, 2016

At eleven, Jacqueline and Percy went on winged horseback riding lessons with the Demeter, Athena, Hermes, and Persephone cabins. Percy had his own pegasus - winged horse - named Blackjack. The man let her use Blackjack for the lessons as he saw his pegasus took a liking to the teenage girl the moment they met. When Jacqueline tried protesting, Percy said that he had spent enough years riding Blackjack and that she'd be good at taking care of the pegasus when he was gone.

At twelve, they had lunch so Jacqueline tried checking her phone once again. The boy still hadn't sent her anything but she strayed away from worrying. It probably wasn't anything. He was the one that was planning the surprise so he couldn't possibly have forgotten that it was their four months.

At one, Jacqueline had monster attack technique lessons with the Hermes, Ares, Zeus, Hades, and Athena cabins. It was tense at times during these lessons because of Oliver and Jacqueline but, the teenage girl usually completely ignored Zeus's son's presence, no matter how many times Elijah tried to get the cousins talking.

From two to four, Jacqueline and Percy participated in canoe races with the Naiads - water nymphs - and whatever other campers decided to join. That day, it was mainly the Nike and Apollo children that were with them.

A few Aphrodite children were also there, a small group of girls with nice makeup and nicely pampered. They cheered the other demigods on, some even calling Jacqueline's name out. The girl had a bright blush when Layla cheered her on, blowing her a kiss.

Jacqueline was the one that won the race that day, even if her brother said that he apparently let her win. She had gotten 20 golden drachmas to use at the camp store so she used them for more camp shirts.

At four, Jacqueline and Percy changed into their bathing suits because it was an hour of swim and beach time with the nereids - sea nymphs. The two spoke about anything and everything. They were joined with mainly Hermes, Apollo, and Aphrodite kids.

Other demigods came, like Elijah, to enjoy the hour under the sun. Jacqueline had even been joined by Natalie, Leo, and their kids who all went swimming in the lake.

The teenage girl spent some time just laughing with her new friends as they splashed at each other in the lake. Bryce, Grayson, and Elijah had had the bright idea of pushing Jacqueline underwater. The girl had only smirked when she resurfaced, making the water pull at their legs, having them go even further underwater than she had. Elijah had emerged with fearful eyes.

When Jacqueline tried apologizing, he gave her a reassuring smile as he calmed his breathing, talking about how one of his fears was the water and drowning. He didn't do well in Poseidon's territory, just like how he didn't in Zeus's territory - the sky.

When Jacqueline and her brother went back to their cabin to shower and change, the girl tried checking her phone once more. Peter had said that he'd come pick her up and there was still no sign of him. Was he taking her out to dinner? Maybe he'd pick her up during the campfire so that they'd have a couple hours to themselves before curfew. She sent her boyfriend a quick text, asking him when he'd come before pocketing her phone.

From five to six, Jacqueline and Percy had free time so she spent it playing volleyball with the children of Apollo. Afterwards, there was dinner and then the bonfire and sing-along with the Apollo cabin.

At ten, Percy and Jacqueline returned to their cabin, exhausted but still happily chatting with one another. The teenage bid goodnight to her friends that she saw heading back to their cabins.

Jacqueline got ready for bed and she and Percy bid each other goodnight before she tried checking her phone once more. She'd heard nothing from her boyfriend all day. She was going to see if she could leave the following day to see if he was alright or see if anyone else knew where he was. Jacqueline let her worries consume her as she fell asleep to the sound of her brother's snores, falling into a spiral of darkness, possibly her least favorite part of her days.