35

October 5, 2016

"Jacqueline, hey." The teenage girl woke up to being shaken by her brother, who had a worried expression on his face, "C'mon, it was just a bad dream."

Jacqueline realized that she was practically bathed in sweat and her breathing was irregular. Percy gave her a sympathetic smile, giving her her inhaler and glasses that had been sitting on their bedside table. The girl was grateful, sitting up and taking a few puffs before slowly calming down and putting her glasses on.

Percy looked disoriented and when Jacqueline saw that the time was six in the morning, she felt guilt wash over her. She was supposed to wake him up at 7:45 but, now, he woke her up.

Her brother climbed into her bed after she consented silently, wrapping his arms around her shoulders and pressing her close to him. Jacqueline heaved a deep sigh, wrapping her arms around his middle, placing her head on his chest.

"Wanna talk about it?" Percy mumbled, sleep evident in his voice as he rubbed her back comfortingly

"When you're actually awake." Jacqueline responded, closing her eyes, "I wanna think about it before I go running out."

"Fine by me." Percy muttered before his snores resumed

The teenage girl had a soft smile on her face, hearing her brother's breaths even out. Her mind then went back to her dream and the smile on her face melted off. As she started deciphering things, Jacqueline found herself recalling information from when she had taken her Greek mythology class.

The Titans were children born from Gaea and Ouranos - the Earth and the Sky. Oceanus was one of their well known children, father of the waters and was the reigning king before the gods appeared and Poseidon took his place. He probably still harbored resentment for what had happened eons ago.

Jacqueline remembered reading about Menoetius a few times but that was only because she had engrossed herself so much into the mythology. He was one of the minor Titans that no one really knew about. If she remembered correctly, he had something to do with rage and just violence. He was like Ares except for the fact that the god of war had motives behind his acts of violence. Menoetius acted rashly and angrily. It was probably why he had taken Peter and that woman prisoner.

Right before breakfast, Jacqueline had gone over to the Hephaestus cabin to ask Leo if he could add any more minutes to her phone. He told her he'd see what he could do but, that he couldn't promise her anything.

Breakfast was the same old, same old, except for the fact that Elijah would continuously look over at her with an expression full of worry. She tried asking him what was wrong but, he'd only shake his head, promising her that he'd tell her later. Jacqueline even caught Oliver glaring at her from time to time rather than his usual forlorn look. Something was up.

When Jacqueline tried to explain some details of her dream to Percy, the man stiffened and told her that they'd go and see Chiron after breakfast. As if she wasn't worried enough about what her dream meant.

Jacqueline and Percy skipped sword practice that morning to go talk with Chiron. The man tried entrusting Elijah to teach that morning but, the golden eyed boy kindly denied, saying that he had to go talk to Chiron as well. He was with Oliver who was silent, his eyes seeming to be boring holes into Jacqueline's head. She didn't even bother giving him attention, especially when she was so worried about her boyfriend.

Percy ended up entrusting Natalie to lead the class before he and the other three children of the Big Three walked over to the Big House.

Rather than be outside, Chiron was inside, brewing some tea in the kitchen. Jacqueline didn't know what she expected the inside of the Big House to be but, what she'd seen was not what she would've thought it'd be.

It had dark blue walls with gas lit lamps along them. There was one room that was a makeshift infirmary, another that was a rec room with a ping pong table straight in the middle of it. It had a very comforting feel to it.

Chiron told them to go out to the living room and sit down while he brought them all tea. Percy and Elijah sat on a couch, Oliver moving to sit at the lounge chair beside it. Jacqueline walked over to the kitchen to help the centaur, Chiron giving her a grateful smile.

"Thank you, my child."

The teenage girl only gave him a smile as she brought the tray out to the living room and placed it on the coffee table. She then sat between Percy and Elijah while Chiron backed into his wheelchair, taking a few moments before he had his blanket over his legs so it seemed that, once again, he was just a normal man in a wheelchair.

"What has brought all four of you here today, children?" Chiron asked, reaching for a teacup and the kettle