20

September 30, 2016

Dinner went by quickly. Just like the cabins, the tables at the mess hall were separated by godly parent. Jacqueline also learned that before you actually were able to eat, you had to throw a good ration of your food into a fire and whisper an omen to the gods. The teenage girl threw half of her enchilada into the fire and wished that her dad would acknowledge her presence.

One of the things that had surprised her the most in the whole day was seeing Chiron out of his wheelchair. He wasn't a disabled man. Somehow, some way, he was a centaur who could fit his whole lower body into a wheelchair. When Jacqueline had seen the centaur as she and the rest of the Hermes cabin filed into the mess hall, he caught her gaping expression and gave her a wink with an amused smile on his face.

Bryce sat amongst other people so, Jacqueline tried to socialize and made new friends in the process.  She decided that she liked being in this sort of environment. The children of Hermes were all so lively. She adored them.

Jacqueline would, at times, sneak a glance past her table. Natalie sat at the Hecate table with Leo on the ground and their four children along with three other teenagers who were most likely the goddess's children. Natalie and Leo tried to feed their kids as the teenagers laughed over the mess the children were making. Jacqueline made a mental note to ask why Leo was on the floor when there was obviously enough room for him to sit at the table.

Natalie looked over at Jacqueline and smiled widely at her. The teenage girl mirrored the smile, watching fondly as the twins tackled Leo, making the man fall over with his back to the floor. Esperanza yelled at her brothers, patting her father's face to see if he was fine. Leo grinned at the tiny girl, pulling her into his arms and kissing all over her face while Natalie watched on with the softest of smiles. Jacqueline still couldn't believe she hadn't known about their family until mere hours ago. She was in love with their whole dynamic.

At the Poseidon table, Zoë was sitting atop the table with her legs crossed, talking to her dad as Percy nodded, a fond smile on his face as he ate.

Jacqueline noticed that Percy's table was in between two others that were empty save for the two people sitting at them. One of them, the one at the presumed Zeus table, had jet black hair and electric blue eyes. He had tanned skin and looked as if he was a celebrity, especially with how he gazed out into the expanse of the camp so intently.

The other was a dark skinned boy with natural hair in short locals and a fade with... golden eyes? His eyes were so light that they appeared golden. Jacqueline loved people's eyes. It was one of the features she adored about Peter. The dark skinned boy had a nice build, one similar to a person that was used to going to the gym a lot. He looked like he could be Heimdall's son.

The boy had caught Jacqueline staring and he flashed her a warm smile. She smiled shyly back at him before tearing her eyes away from him and listening back to the conversations along the Hermes table.

Jacqueline found herself thinking about her boyfriend and her dad more than anything. The whole day was a nice distraction from reality but she realized that she missed them. It's been two days and she still didn't know where her boyfriend was or if he was okay or not. Not to mention the fact that Tony was probably worried sick about where she was. Jacqueline always called him at least once each day to talk to him.

Once dinner was over, the campers all went over to the amphitheater. The teenage girl was confused but, one of the Hermes kids, Mathilde, explained to her that they always had a bonfire and sing-along at the amphitheater.