3

I silently walked, holding Caleb's hand. Occasionally, Caleb looked at me and gave a reassuring smile. I couldn't believe this was happening. I was feeling so many emotions, because of this. Once Caleb and I reached my house, we parted ways from there, not wanting my mother to see us. My mother might've taken the news well, but she was literally the devil at times. We didn't want to risk it, at least not yet.

I stayed up all night texting Ashley, I couldn't believe I finally had a boyfriend. I got up early this morning due to my lack of sleep. Despite my darkened circles under my eyes, I happily showered and got ready for the day. Making my way downstairs, I was surprised that my mother wasn't even up yet. Feeling the need to get on her good side, I decided to cook some pancakes for breakfast. After they were made, I heard light footsteps making their way to the kitchen. My mother held a bat in her hand as she came into the kitchen warily, dropping it out of shock from seeing me. I kindly waved at her, giving a small smile, and I continued to add syrup to the pancakes.

"What're you doing up?! It's 5:32 in the morning!" My mother yelled at me, seeming very confused at my natural smile plastered onto my face.

"I wanted to make breakfast for you," I simply replied, not wanting to cause more suspicion than I already have.

My mother slowly picked up her bat and sat at the table where I placed her pancakes. Before eating them, she looked at me immediately and asked, "Did you poison these?"

"No! Why'd I do that!?" I asked, giving my mother a very confused look.

"Okay, fine. The jig's up. What do you want or what do you have to tell me?" She interrogated very calmly as she took a bite of the first pancake.

"Nothing! Can't a child just make pancakes for her mother?" I questioned very innocently.

"No, she can't. Seeing as she reached home late yesterday and she's up super early this morning, get to explaining," My mother demanded an answer

I sighed, "Fine. You caught me. I, kind of. Just by accident. I got caught up in the moment and maybe I.. I said yes to being-" I was cut off before I could finish my sentence.

"You got a boyfriend!?" She shouted wide-eyed with a surprised tone.

I immediately dropped my plate before slowly nodding, being confused on her further reaction.

"Oh my god Zoe-Zoe! You finally grew up! For a moment, I thought you were asexual," My mother squealed upon realizing my confusion.

I didn't get it. She was.. Happy? I was completely speechless, being in a bit of shock because of my mother's reaction.

"Come on! Tell me all about him! Is it that cutie David? Or maybe that hottie Kyle?" My mother questioned, wanting to get answers out of me.

I silently went for a broom and came back to clean up my broken plate, which seemed to not even bother her. After a few seconds, I muttered under my breath, "It's Caleb. The one you hate."

I refused to turn to my mother after I said that, she remained speechless. I couldn't believe what I just said. Immediate regret filled me. I didn't know what she was doing with the sudden shifting around being made in the room. I slowly turned to her, trying to figure out what she was doing. That's when it hit me. I fell onto the floor with a bleeding forehead. She punched me.

-

I went to school later that day, bandages on my forehead. Caleb ran up to me along with my other friends and a few strangers.

"Are you okay?" Caleb asked, worry filling his voice. 

--

A/N - I have to go to a party tomorrow, so expect an earlier upload than usual. We did 3 and 4 today, so expect chapter 4 tomorrow! - Kim~ ♥