10

It must've been hours since we've been in the mall. Ashley and I lost track of time with Landon. Despite his bad ways, he was pretty fun. Ashley actually had a lot more fun than I expected her to have. I learned a lot about Landon too; apparently, he grew up in Canada and came to live here when he was 7. So, we had a few things in common I guess. Landon ended up carrying me home as Ashley decided to ditch me for a friend she met up.

"Thanks for the ride, but I still don't forgive you for what you did at the cinemas," I kindly said as I got out of the car.

"No problem and, I don't expect you to forgive me," Landon said with a sly smirk on his face.

I silently questioned the smirk in my head but didn't speak my thoughts.

I calmly strolled inside my house and walked into the kitchen to grab a muffin. My mother startled me from the corner of the room as I turned on the lights.

"Who dropped you over? I thought you were coming home with Ashley," my mother smoothly interrogated me as I stared at her with wide eyes.

"Oh, that was Ashley's friend, um. Since Ashley didn't drive her car, she had her friend come, and drop us off."

My mother warily stared at me, refusing to believe me. I didn't know if she was going to lecture me but surprisingly, she didn't. She allowed me to go upstairs to my room peacefully. I laid on my bed as I contemplated what had just happened. I went to the mall with Ashley and... The bad boy; Landon? Why did I even allow Ashley to drag me into that? My thoughts were everywhere until my phone suddenly vibrated. I got up and checked the notification screen, wondering who'd be texting me.

Unknown Number:

Hey! I had fun today!

Me:

Who's this..?

Unknown Number:

It's me. Landon.

Me:

Oh hey, Landon!

...

Wait, how'd you get my number..?

Unknown Number:

Don't play dumb Zoey~

Me:

I'm not? What do you mean..?

Unknown Number:

You snuck a paper with your number in my jacket pocket, didn't you?

Me:

No, I didn't...

...

ASHLEY!

Unknown Number:

Lol. Well, this is Landon. I've got to go help my mom now, bye.

-

It took me a moment to take in what had just happened. I couldn't believe the conversation before my eyes. That's when it hit me. Ashley gave him my number! I immediately pulled up Ashley's contact.

-

Me:

ASHLEY!!! I SWEAR I HATE YOU! YOU GAVE MY NUMBER TO LANDON?!!?!

Ashie:

Whatt? No. Why in the world would I do that, Zoe?

Me:

Then why did someone just text me saying they were Landon?!

Ashie:

Okay, fine. I may have slipped your number into his pocket.

Me:

Why in the world would you do that?!

Ashie:

Because I wanted to break the ice between you two.

Me:

WHAT GODDAMN ICE?!

Ashie:

Oh calm down little Zoe Zoe. Ik you're happy I did it.

Me:

A little... Not the point though!

Ashie:

Are you done? I'm trying to netflix and chill.

Me:

Okay fine...

...

Wait...

...

NETFLIX AND CHILL WITH WHO?!

Ashie:

Bye bye Zoey~

-

I was absolutely frustrated. What in the world was Ashley doing?! And what does she mean by "break the ice", seriously, what ice?! I sighed, locking my phone, and placing it on my bedside cabinet. I laid my head on my pillow, going to sleep.