11

I slowly switched the books in my bag, not really paying attention until I closed the locker. Immediately I heard a loud slam next to me and turned my head.

"Hey."

"What the flip-flop? Landon! You nearly gave me a heart attack!" I yelled back at the boy who was cockily standing there leaning against the lockers.

"Jeez, why are you so easily scared?" He asked, his cocky act gone.

"I don't know? Maybe because I'm sensitive?" I replied with a question as I felt slightly offended.

"Yeah yeah. Anyway, Ashley told me to tell you that there's a party later so meet her in the parking lot," Landon explained as he ran his hand through his hair, before turning on his heel to walk away.

"Wait. Why couldn't Ash tell me this herself?! And why'd she tell you?!" I asked again as he began to walk away.

"She's in the principal's office and it's my party babe."

Wait what? Babe? Why am I red? Why did he call me babe..? And why did I like it..?

Hold up.

Ashley's in the principal's office? What happened to her? What'd she do?

How could I focus during class? Ashley wasn't there when class was about to start. I didn't know what had happened to her. Did she get in trouble?

"Yes babe, she did get in trouble."

I looked up to see Landon standing in front of my desk, "What? How'd you know what I was thinking?"

"You were speaking out loud Zoey," I could see Landon's mental facepalm.

"Oh... Right. What'd she get in trouble for?" I inquired as Landon seemed to know the answer.

"She got caught at a party last night, the principal doesn't like the ideas of his students at parties apparently," Landon explained as he sat next to me, which I didn't mind nor did I even notice.

"Oh," you said, being slightly hurt that Ashley hadn't invited you, "But didn't you say you were holding a party later? And isn't Ashley going?" You kept pushing for answers, something was up.

"Yeah but, do you really think we care? We're juniors! Let us live out life man," Landon ranted out, his obvious hatred for the man showing.

I rolled my eyes at his attitude and turned back to the front of the class as the teacher had entered. I put my left elbow on the desk and rested my face onto my palm. Well, today was going to be a long day.

-

It was after school. The day passed pretty roughly. I didn't have anyone but my usual friends to talk to. So it was quite boring. I walked out into the parking lot to see Ashley leaning against a nearby railing as she texted away on her phone. "Ashley!"

She almost dropped her phone from my sudden hug, but I didn't care. I hadn't seen her all day.

"You left me to die all day!" I shouted at her as I pulled away.

"Chill out, it was only one day," Ashley attempted to defend herself.

"Yeah yeah. Now you've got some explaining to do."

"Huh? About..?" And that was her mistake.

"Well firstly you ditched me at the mall, you gave my number to Landon, told me you were netflix and chilling with someone and then I hear that you got in trouble with the principal?" I ranted on, my ears surely being red by now.

"Okay, okay. Calm down," She rested her hands on my shoulders, "My friend took me to a party and well, I might have gotten drunk. The police came and stopped the party but I managed to get away. I wasn't netflix and chilling with anyone, it was just an excuse to get you to calm down and shut up. I was pretty drunk so I'm sorry. Apparently, some guy called my name and that's why I got called in."

I didn't know what to say but, I was thankful she wasn't in a lot of trouble. But who snitched on her?

"Who snitched on you?" I inquired softly as I bent my head.

"Not sure, the principal wouldn't say but, I'm assuming it was Will Baker, the host."

"Oh.. Alright.. So, are you going to the party that Landon told me about?" I asked once again, staring into her eyes this time.

"Yeah, but this one's legal so don't worry, we won't get in trouble that much."

She took me by the hand and pulled me to her car, I allowed her. I didn't mind it. Plus I needed to get loose. I figured now would've been the best time to get away from it all, forgetting about all my issues (aka Caleb).

I hope he wasn't at this party.