17

It was after school. 5 pm. Ashley and Caleb appeared. Caleb 5 minutes after Ashley. Ashley ran up to me and attacked me with a hug.

"Oh my god! Is something wrong? You've been like, avoiding me all day! Is everything okay?" She asked, obviously being clueless as to why I called them.

Caleb stood there, leaning against the wall. He didn't say a word as he pretended to text someone on his phone.

Ashley shook me until she caught my attention again, I stared at her and pushed her away.

"Did I do something wrong?" Ashley asked, being confused.

That's when Landon appeared. I was beginning to wonder when he'd show up. I thought he'd betray me like Ashley did.

Caleb straightened up at the sight of Landon, he was obviously terrified of him. Instantly, he put away his phone and walked up beside Ashley as Landon stood behind me.

Landon started the talking, "We saw you guys at the beach yesterday. Explain."

Wow. He didn't even sugarcoat it...

Hot.

Ashley's face turned into panic immediately. Her eyes widened while Caleb awkwardly shifted in the spot.

"I think you're mistaken, we weren't at the beach," Caleb defended.

"Oh really? Then please explain to me why you're both wearing matching bracelets," Landon asked, his tone is seriously badass.

Caleb's voice was wary, he didn't know how to reply.

"Why don't you just shut up and let Zoey speak? Why are you even here? This is between the three of us," Ashley quickly added.

"Actually, I want him to be here to witness this. He's actually one of the few people I trust now," Zoey replied to Ashley's statement.

"Hey, why don't we all just calm now?" Caleb asked as the situation began to grow heated.

"Fuck off," Landon quickly said.

"Hey! Don't talk to Caleb that way. Why are you friends with this bastard anyway, Zoey?" Ashley asked, her tone growing irritated.

"Actually, this bastard isn't the one that went behind my back to date my ex," I bitterly replied.

And it fell silent.

Caleb stepped forward, so did Landon.

Landon looked down at Caleb, throwing blades with his eyes. Caleb stumbled but held the stare.

"What? Are you going to punch me? Because I broke your precious girlfriend's heart?" Caleb asked.

"Depends," Landon turned his head to me, "Am I your boyfriend, Zoey?"

And that caught me off guard.

Wait what?

What did he just ask me?

A million thoughts flooded into my head, I cluelessly nodded.

Landon smirked and turned back, "Then yes."

Landon smacked Caleb in the face. Caleb knocked out immediately.

Zoey quickly ran over to Caleb and shook him, "What the hell?"

I only just realized what had happened and I wasn't even sorry.

"Can we just talk about this? We'll make it up to you two, I swear," Tears streamed down her face, she was genuinely serious, "Please. Give me another chance... Do I get another chance?"

"That's the sad part - you once did," I replied, my voice cracked as I spoke with tears filling my eyes, "You can't take back what you did."

Landon walked over to me and threw an arm around my shoulders, whispering into my ears, "Let's go."