Chapter 1

I own none of the characters except for my OC.

Perceptor sat at his desk going over his experiments. This is what he did every night. It was lonely being a scientist. He looked through the window leading into the hallway. His new intern, Rocket was outside cleaning the window. She caught his glance, froze and then removed herself from view. He sighed, not even she wanted to keep him company.

Rocket was cleaning the window to Perceptor’s office. Truth be told, Rocket had the hugest crush on Perceptor. She had just become his new intern, but she could already tell there was something developing. While cleaning, she took a peep into his office. What she saw made her circuits freeze. Perceptor was looking at her. They locked optics until she came back to reality. She took two steps to the right to make sure she was out of view. ‘Whew, that was close’, she thought to herself as she laid her cleaning supplies in the hallway closet. She went to her room to power down for a recharge. She was sure Perceptor had a lot of work for her tomorrow. 

The next day was filled with more experiments and more cleaning. Perceptor’s experiments usually concluded with some type of substance getting all over the walls and all over the windows. It was Rocket’s job to clean up the mess and make any repairs to Perceptor if they were needed. Yesterday consisted of cleaning the walls and windows and Rocket guessed today would be the same. “Are all those wires connected properly?”, he asked her while typing some sort of command into the new energon producer he was working on. Cybertron was in need of more sources of energonn so they looked to their resident scientists to come up with a new way to mine energon. Perceptor added a sample of energon to the machine and took a step back. The machine’s engine whirred to life and began to glow. Below the machine was a bucket. After a few minutes, a shiny blue crystal was produced from the machine. It fell into the bucket with a clank. Perceptor picked up the crystal and examined it. “By the looks of this, it seems I have discovered a new way to produce energon”, Perceptor said smiling to himself. It seems he spoke too soon. The machine purred loudly and the crystal production sped up. It sped up so fast, it overloaded and it exploded. Perceptor and Rocket were both sent flying back along with liquid energon all over the walls, windows and themselves. Rocket was the first to get up and walk over to Perceptor. “Are you all right?”, she asked holding out her servo. Perceptor grasped it and pushed himself up. Something strange happened when they touched. It seemed as if sparks were flying. Rocket pulled back and scanned Perceptor. “All systems are functioning properly, just a few scratches”, she said finishing her examination. She walked to the hall closet. She fished out the cleaning supplies and got to work. Rocket took in the mess before her. She sighed loudly and began to clean. Perceptor had cleaned a spot off on the table and began writing on a data pad. ‘ Experiment outcome: not as hoped for. Machine exploded…again.’. He sighed and looked up at Rocket. She was cleaning the wall closest to the window. He watched the way she moved. She had a slim figure, yet she was strong. She had worked under Ratchet at Iacon to learn medical practices. He found himself more enchanted by her as he watched her work. She was good company even though she was quite shy. Perceptor could feel himself growing attached. He sunk back in his chair. There were tons of other bots that could easily catch her eye. How could she have any feelings for him?