14

Harry

I'd been worrying about Rosalie all day yesterday and today. The more I thought about her not being okay, the slower time went.

It feels like it's been 1:43pm for an hour.

"Harry, calm down," Zayn said, lightly slapping me on the shoulder. "Your ribs are about to explode through your skin."

"I am calm," I said through gritted teeth, being the exact opposite of calm.

"What's got your head exploding?" he sat down next to me. "Is it her?"

"I think something's bad happened to Rosy. She seemed off the last time we spoke and she skipped school, which is awfully weird because she's a good girl," my eyebrows were scrunched and I looked down at my hands. "What if it's because of me? What if she's so scared someone will find out so she decided to skip school, or drop out?"

"Or She really could've not been feeling well, I mean she does have a cycle like other girls," Zayn suggested.

My eyes lit up in horror, when I figured out exactly why she skipped school.

f l a s h b a c k

"I've been verbally abused practically my whole senior year, I don't know why his words hurt the most," she said on the verge of tears.

r e a l i t y

"Fucking hell," I cursed under my breath, dashing out of the house.

Rosalie

I stared at my locked phone screen, waiting for the clock to hit 3:30.

Justin got out of his wood shop class thirty minutes after the bell rang; he always had to make sure his projects were perfect and exact before he left them.

I unlocked his locker and got his books for him so we could leave immediately afterwards then waited patiently for him to finish with mines and his things in my hands.

In the blink of an eye, the books were slapped out of my hands and scattered around my feet. I looked up furiously and zeroed in out his big head.

"Kyler!" I yelled without thinking, instantly regretting my outburst when he faced me.

"You just don't learn do you Rosalie," he said getting dangerously close. My chest rose and fell heavily and it felt impossible to fill my lungs with air.

I flinched when his hands touched my bruise he made. Kyler smirked, satisfied of my scared reaction. He reaching into his pocket then pushed a folded piece of paper hard into my chest.

"Get away from her!" Justin yelled. I let go a breath of relief and let my back hit the lockers to relax.

"Big brother to the rescue," Kyler smiled evilly. "Next time Rosalie," he grabbed my chin and I turned my head to the side to get out of his grasp before jogging over to Justin.

"You okay? Did he hit you?" I shook my head in response while opening the paper he gave me.

Maybe this note will help you remember your place pussy.

Justin snatched the paper out of my hand and tore it to pieces before chucking it to the wind. "Why did you read it? He only wrote it to you because he knew it'd make you cry and it worked."

I wiped my tears away, ignoring him and getting into my car. Justin looked at me through the rolled down window.

"Three more weeks and we're out of here, okay Rosalie? Hang it there for me," I nodded my head, looking at him with glistening eyes as he backed away. "Love you."