6

Rosalie

As you've probably guessed, I ordered the egg and cheese croissant with an apple juice. Yes it's a breakfast meal during lunch, but what does it matter? It's all going through the same digestion process so-

"So Ms. Rosalie, what school do you attend?" Harry asked interrupting my train out thoughts.

"I go to a college prep school, Westly's College Preparatory Academy," my throat dried at the mention of school. I hated discussing anything school related. It only reminded me of how much I was bullied there.

"Do you enjoy it?"

"Do I enjoy it?" I asked thinking it was a trick question.

"Any friends or sport you play? Favorite subject? You know, anything you like about school?"

"M-my only friend is Justin and my favorite subject is dismissal," the look on his face made me want to curl into a ball. He knew something didn't settle with me when he brought up the topic of school.

Thankfully he didn't push it and covered his concerned expression with an amused one. "I felt the same way about school. It was always such a drag, same drama and same rude teachers."

"I forgot you were old and completed school literally centuries ago," I smirked as his face fell into a glare.

"For your information darling, I dropped out of school five years ago, not even a decade. I'm not old you're just young," he smirked back. I bit the inside of my cheek trying to hide my beaming smile.

"Here's your bill," the waitress smiled, blushing when Harry took the pad from her before scurrying off. I started digging around in my purse looking for exactly ten dollars and thirteen cent. I had my cost down packed seeing it was the only thing I ordered from The Grove.

"We aren't fighting on this, I'm paying," Harry rolled his eyes at my pout. "I'm the one who asked you on a date, therefore I pay."

"What about the tip? I can pay that at least-"

"Rosy," my stammering came to a halt as the nickname rolled off his tongue. "Anytime we go on a date, I'm paying. Okay?"

"But why? Why does the male species always make it a big deal when the female offers to pay or help? As if it's a crimiest crime of all crimes," I squinted my eyes and titled my head.

"You're stubborn," he smiled softly, staring deeply into my eyes.

"I may have been told that a few times here and there," I said averting my eyes to my empty plate as a blush tainted my cheeks.

"It's nothing wrong with you wanting to pay, it's just a way of me showing that I care and it's what any gentleman should do," he explained. "As for the rest of the male species, that I cannot answer seeing everyone has a different perspective on the topic."

"Wise words coming from our beloved ancestors," I joked. "I guess I'll let you cover the bill, this time."

"Really? No 'you're sexist I'm an independent woman' speech?"

"I'll spare you that speech for a rainy day," I smiled cheekily, grabbing his offered hand as we exited the cozy restaurant.

Not even seconds after we got out of the place, bright white flashes blurred my vision and all I could see were purple dots everywhere. The eager shouting and continuous flashing was enough to get my heart rate sky rocketing. Harry squeezed my hand tighter as he tried to guide us through the swarm of people. "I'm so sorry," he whispered.

"Harry who's this?!"

"Harry is she your New girlfriend?!"

"Harry where's Kendell?!"

"Are you his girl or his slut?!" my heart felt like it stopped at once as the man said his snarky comment loud and clear. Harry stopped abruptly before turning on his feels to face him. Uh oh.

"I suggest you fuck out of my face before I break yours," he said in a warning tone. My head was hung low, trying not to make eye contact with anyone and keep the flashes from scorching my eyes simultaneously.

"Sorry man-"

"You're apologizing to the wrong person, mate."

"I-I'm sorry," I met his eyes for a split second before focusing my gaze back on my shoes, trying my hardest not to cry.

Harry practically dragged me to his car, my body feeling numb and paralyzed as my brain replayed the hurtful words over and over again, reminding me of how Mandy and Kyler bullied me. I could hardly move.

The moment his hands touched my waist I flinched back and pushed them away, remembering what Mandy said about my body being ugly.  I didn't want him to feel my flaws.

A tear slipped down my face and I quickly wiped it away before sliding in his car. I said nothing to as we drove off, too embarrassed and hurt to open my mouth or even look at him.

Fortunately, the ride to my home was short and quiet. I waisted no time in hopping out and running towards my door before Harry had a chance to talk about what happened at The Grove. It was utterly humiliating and painful hearing people call me names like that just about every day. Especially when I did nothing to make them think that way of me.

"Rosy wait!" He got out of the car, but I didn't look back as I opened the door and quickly shut it back the moment I stepped foot inside.

I didn't bother greeting my mom as I ran upstairs and locked myself in my room for the remainder of the night, crying for hours on end until I fell asleep from the exhaustion of it all.