10; heartstrings

Heartstrings - Kolohe Kai 
Nerah: 

We all got into Grayson's car and I smiled.

"Faye, Edith, this is Grayson," I said. They both waved before Grayson turned and gave them both fist bumps. Grayson turned and smiled at me.

"You guys all ready?" He asked. I nodded.

"Faye, E, do you guys have your seatbelts on?" I asked. Grayson chuckled beside me and I hit him. "Safety first!" 

"Yeah," Faye said with a smile.

"Okay, where do you guys wanna go?" Grayson asked. "I don't want you guys to be bored because what Nerah and I were going to do today would be really boring for you guys."

"What were we gonna do?" I asked.

"I'll save that for another day." I smiled.

"Faye, Edith?" I asked.

They both whispered softly in the back before looking up at me.

"Can we go to the beach?" Edith asked.

"Beach day?!" Grayson asked excitedly. I laughed. "Yes, but you guys will need to go get your swimsuits and extra clothes and towels."

They both ran out of the car and ran into the house. I waited in the car with Grayson.

"Why aren't you running to go get your stuff?" He asked.

"Oh, I don't swim."

"I can tell you're the type to go to the beach."

"Okay, I don't want to swim but yes, I love the beach."

He smiled. "We have to stop at my place and get my stuff."

"That's fine."

Faye and Edith ran back out with small backpacks. My Dad waved and watched them get into the car. I waved and smiled.

...

"Come inside," Grayson said as we pulled up to the house.

"We'll wait for you here," I said with a smile.

"I didn't ask you if you wanted to come inside. I said for you to come inside, so hurry up."

"No thanks."

"Nerah!" I laughed. He walked around the car and opened the car door.

"I'm not going." He reached over and unbuckled my seatbelt before lifting me out of the car. "Grayson!"

"Nerah!" He mocked. I laughed.

"I can walk into the house by myself!"

"I gave you that option but you didn't want to take it." He said. "Let's go, girls."

Faye and Edith got out of the car and walked toward the house. I groaned.

Grayson let me down and grabbed his keys so he could open the front door.

Edith held onto my hand as we walked in. Grayson stopped and looked at Faye and Edith.

"Do you guys want ice cream?" He asked.

"They can't eat ice cream for breakfast, Grayson. It's not healthy." Grayson rolled his eyes.

"It's only unhealthy if you eat it every day for breakfast. Come on, girls."

"Grayson..." Faye and Edith followed them to the kitchen. They sat down at the table while Grayson scooped ice cream into bowls for them. I stood next to the counter and watched him. He walked over and handed them the ice cream.