26; counting stars

Counting Stars - Junior Maile
Nerah: *I didn't proofread... but what's new lol* 

"I want to be a vampire!" Faye squealed.

"You can't be a vampire, Faye! I'm gonna be the vampire!" Edith argued angrily.

I just laughed and held on to Grayson's hand. It felt so good to be home.

"You guys could be twin vampires?" Grayson suggested.

Faye and Edith looked at each other before both shaking their heads. I laughed.

"It was worth a shot," Grayson whispered in my ear.

"Fine, I'm gonna be a werewolf! Because Jacob's a werewolf and he's better than Edward!" Faye said while sticking her tongue out at Edith.

"No, I wanna be a werewolf!" Edith argued. "I saw Jacob before you!"

"That doesn't matter because you liked Edward first!" She said angrily. "You can't just switch lanes! You're not Bella!"

"How do you guys even know who they are? You guys shouldn't be watching movies like that..." I said awkwardly.

"Oops..." I looked up at Grayson.

"Really, Gray?" I sighed.

"In my defense, Ethan was the one who suggested the movie." I just shook my head. "And don't worry, we covered their eyes at the kissing scenes."

"I peeked," Faye said softly. I sighed.

"You're gonna get it, Grayson Dolan," I warned.

"You're like 7 inches shorter than me Nerah. What are you gonna do?" He teased. I kicked him in the shin causing him to groan in pain.

"You okay?" I asked.

"Yeah..." He said taking in a sharp breath and rubbing his shin.

"Don't test me, Grayson Bailey Dolan." He chuckled and stood up straight with a frown on his face. "Aw... kisses."

I puckered my lips and he placed a quick peck on my lips. "I love you, Lanerah..."

"I love you too, Peter Kavinsky..." Grayson rolled his eyes and laughed.

Grayson and I continued to walk hand in hand. We filled each other in on what we've been doing for the past month.

...

I stood upstairs in my room. It's been a long time since I've been in my room. It felt good to not have Kylie's bed and stuff taking up half of my space. I wore gray shorts and a just a sports bra. I stared at my body angrily. I hate my chubby self, I hated the stretch marks that ran along my sides. I hated my nose, my smile, my everything. I sighed and continued to look at myself.

"Why'd you have to be so ugly?" I asked myself while still staring in the mirror.

"But you're not." I jumped a bit seeing Zach standing at the door.

"Oh my gosh, Zach..." I scrambled through the pile of clothes on the bed and slid a shirt on. "You should've knocked.

"The door was open..." I nodded awkwardly. 

"What are you doing here?"

"I knew you were home so I thought I'd stop by and say, hi..." He shrugged. "And your Dad sent me up... I'm kinda disappointed at what I saw." He frowned and I immediately looked down at the ground in guilt.

"Everyone is disappointed when they see me..."

"Don't say that Nerah..." he said with an eye roll.