Chapter 1

10 years later

Mia's P.O.V.

"Hey honey!" my dad had become older, that was for sure.

"Hey dad!" I said and gave him a hug.

"I have missed you!" he hugged me tight back.

"How is work?" I looked over at him in the car.

"Well, we just got a new recording room, we have a lot of celebrities we need to help and watch out for and you is going to help me," he said and looked at me, "you will be helping me out and to make it fear you will get paid!"

"I didn't expect that, but thanks, I need a job anyway!" I said and smiled.

"How is your mother?"

"You didn't get my message? She died a year ago, when I where 24," I said and looked at him. The rest of the car ride no one talked.

"I have a surprise for you when you comes home," he looked at me, and as we drove up the street, I could see someone stand outside the house and waited for us.

"This is your new car, your own car, but you are free to take any car you want," my dad gave me the keys.

"Thank you so much, I always wanted a challenger!" I said and gave him a hug.

"Well, when you were 15 you always wanted a challenger, that was all you could talk about, so a bought you one!" my dad said.

"I guess you want to unpack, I leave you to it! Just come down if you get hungry or something. And work starts at 10," my father left my new room, and I started unpacking my bags with stuff and put it in my wardrobe, after a few hours later I was so tired that I went to bed.

"The clock is eight, you have to wake up!" I could hear my father's voice in my dream. 'Work?' I was thinking before I woke up in a second. My dad had already went downstairs and I could smell food, so I guess he was making breakfast. I went to my closet and chose some clothes. I ended up with an easy sweater and jeans. I went down, my father was in the kitchen and make breakfast.

"I'm sorry, but I got called in early, we have to go in 30 minutes. We need someone to test the recording room because one of our celebrities are coming at nine and we need to be ready," my father said and looked at me.

"Dad, whatever you do, don't tell anyone that you are my father! I don't want them to know!" I said.

30 minutes later, we drove to work. "Mr. Jefferson we need someone who actually can sing to test the recording room," one of the persons that were working there stood right in front us. Dad turned to me, "you sing!" "I do covers, so yes I sing!" I looked at him and before I knew it, I where pushed into the recording room.

"What am I supposed to sing?" I asked.

"Well, one of the song you have covered, just pick the first one you remember!" my dad said.

"Ok, I can take Ridin' by Chamillionaire," I said.

"Ok, just start!" my dad said.

"They see me rollin

They hatin

Patrolling they tryin to catch me ridin dirty

Tryin to catch me ridin dirty

My music so loud

I'm swangin

They hopin that they gon catch me ridin dirty

Tryin to catch me ridin dirty

Tryin to catch me ridin dirty"

"Thank you, that's more than enough!" I heard someone said, I looked up, and then I saw him, my childhood friend, I smiled and I wanted to run and give him an enormous hug, but I knew I should not do that.

I went out of the recording room and looked at him.

"I really hate that song!"

"So, should we go talking?" my dad said and looked over at Jesse and me.

"Sure!" Jesse looked at me.

We went to dad's office; I sat in the corner and looked out the window.

It started at a relaxed conversation, but after a while, it heated up. And the Jesse I remember disappeared.

"You can't decide who I'm going to date and not. Sara is the love of my life; we have been dating since I were 17, and its nine years! She helped me get over your daughter who just left, for good, I followed her covers for a year, but I started to miss her so much that I stopped, I remember the first cover she did, I'm with you by Avril Lavigne, she got so many hits on that," Jesse said.

"And she's doing great now, she still cover songs, she lives a happily life and everything is great!" my father said.

"That's great for you; I don't really care about her! She left me!" Jesse hissed.

"You forgot one thing, you promised her two things and you broke both of them, but she hold her promise to you, she came back!" my dad said.

"If she came back she would have contacted me!" Jesse said.

"You really think she would have found you? You have changed number, address, hairstyle and everything. How do you think she is going to find you?" my father said.

"She have her ways!" Jesse said.

"Well, over so something else, this is Mia, she is new here, and she is the person you are going to ask if you need anything, shopping assistant, a driver anything she is the one you are going to call. Mia, come here!" my dad said, and stood up and walked over to dad's desk.

"Jesse McCartney," Jesse said and took my hand.

"Mia Harmon," I took his hand and smiled, yes, I have a different last name, I actually got married after I moved to Britain, and the first one was in the military and at his last assignment he died, I could not know anything else. The second one was the one I loved so much, I kept his last name even after his death, he died when he tried to protect me in Spain, after that I left to USA again.

"Mia, my first crushes name was Mia, only Jefferson and not Harmon," he said, "but that was before I met Sara, now I know that she is the one for me!" I tried not to care about it, but it was not that easy. I still was in love with him, but I knew he had a girlfriend and I did not want to make him break up with his girlfriend only to be with me. I did not even know if he liked me anymore.

Mia's clothes on the side