Part 1; Getting No Where

The Streets

Part 1; Getting No Where

“I’m so sorry I’m late, college ran over again!” I apologised. Yeah, late as always thanks to flipping lectures at college. As I walked past the front desk, my manager didn’t look to happy with me. Lately I’d been running late because of all the lectures, revision and practice I’ve been doing for my exam in 2 weeks.

“Late again!” Sam, my manger moaned.

“I said I’m sorry, college has been manic lately with my final exam coming up.” I sighed.

“Look Mollie, you’ve got to stop being late though.” Sam insisted.

“But I can’t help that, my education is more important it’s the thing that’s gonna get me to having a better job.” I cried.

“You know what, I’m not winning to take you on anymore. We don’t need you anymore, I’m sure I can find someone better than you.” He demanded. It took me a moment for me to take it all it, he couldn’t just do this to me.

“What? You can’t fire me just like that Sam? Education is important and is obviously something you don’t have an experience in.” I said.

“I’ve had plenty of experience, now get out.” He instructed. Not sticking up another fight, I walked out as all the customers, some new and some regular watched me walk away.

XXXX

Walking up the street, I noticed the Tomlinson girls; Lottie, Felicite, Daisy and Phoebe piling out of there car. It was the usual time they’d come home from school as I’d usual pass them one or two evenings in the week when I didn’t have work. But for now, I would be doing it everyday I guess.

“MOLLIE!” Daisy and Phoebe squealed running towards me, as they both hugged me.

“Hey girls.” I said, walking up to their house with them.

“Your home early, I thought you were working tonight.” Lottie suggested.

“I did have work, till my manager fired me for being late. But I’m only being late because of practice for my final exam next week.” I sighed jumping on to the wall outside the girls house as they sat on the steps outside there house.

“I’m sure you can find a better job!” Lottie admitted.

“Sure I will at some point.” I laughed.

“Can you sing a song though please Mollie?” Felicite asked.

“Well considering, I don’t have work, I might as well…” I sighed pulling out my guitar.

“This is a new one I’ve recently learnt, you ready?” I asked as they nodded. The beat started to play as I waited for the time to sing along.

“Yeah, You could be the greatest
You can be the best
You can be the king kong banging on your chest

You could beat the world
You could beat the war
You could talk to God, go banging on his door

You can throw your hands up
You can be the clock
You can move a mountain
You can break rocks
You can be a master
Don't wait for luck
Dedicate yourself and you can find yourself

Standing in the hall of fame
And the world's gonna know your name
Cause you burn with the brightest flame
And the world's gonna know your name
And you'll be on the walls of the hall of fame