Part 13; Final Countdown

The Streets

Part 13; Final Countdown

“Mollie…I’m sorry, its just this is what I’ve always wanted, what me and the boys have always wanted…” He carried, he was worried about letting us down, he’d finally told me about the X Factor audition and how far he’d got. But the way he got all worried was quite sweet, it made me laugh. Running a hand through my hair, I sighed and smiled at him.

“Louis just calm down. Look, I’m absolutely fine with it, I knew something like this would come sooner or later. You boys deserve it, its your big break. We’ve got back up so don’t panic, it should be that’s panicking about tomorrows audition not you.” I laughed. He sat down in the chair and just sighed.

“Why didn’t you tell me this before? I would off panic less!” He admitted putting his head in his hands.

“Lou, I would off if I could get a word it, but it was quite funny seeing you like that.” I said giggling slightly. He looked up at me and gave me that smile I first fell for.

“We’ll stick together yeah? Nothing will tear us apart…” I whispered as he kissed my hand.

“I promise.” He agreed kissing my hand. Simon Cowell…here we come.

XXXX

It was today and no one understood how scary this was for me. Alright, this time around I had 30 odd people dancing with me, but this was my only chance I had left. What I was hoping is that it would be 3rd time lucky, having performed in front of Simon twice before I was hoping I had a little bit more of a chance and some real luck. The rest of the group probably didn’t realise how nervous I was, until Andy finally noticed.

“Molls, you alright? You look really nervous…” He admitted putting his hand on my knee.

“I’m so scared, this could be my last chance I just wish Louis was here to support me.” I sighed. Louis was practicing with the boys and I can see why, but I just needed him right now.

“I’m sure he’ll show up…we’ll be fine.” Andy smiled that’s when I noticed Jack. Andy followed my stare, as tensed up slightly. My heart just dropped at the fact we might not have a chance now. it was just then a very familiar face appeared behind them looking very cheery, Louis. My face instantly lit up as he walked over to me.

“Still not been on then?” Louis asked kissing my cheek.

“No…we could be here a while.” I sighed and rested my head on his shoulder.

XXXX

The nerves hit me as we stood back stage waiting for our big moment, we got to perform in some of the biggest people in the UK; Simon Cowell, Emeli Sande, Ashley Banjo and Ed Sheeran. Plus 1 very special guest said to be flying in from the USA. Our time had finally arrived as all 25 of us to be exact walked on stage. That’s when I realised; Demi Lovato was judging us, wait…what?! My heart started racing, by now Simon had noticed me as well…yes I’d been here before. Britain’s Got Talent last year and X Factor the year before…now time to show Simon who I really was.

“Hello…” Said all of the judges.

“Mollie Allen…” Simon announced as I smiled, the gang seem a bit shocked as I laughed slightly.

“Hi Simon!” I smiled.

“Trying again are we Mollie? See you didn’t disappoint me then!” He said.

“I’m not disappointing anyone this time, I’ve come back with even more people and we’re going to do well…” I insisted.

“Tell us about yourselves though…” Ed ushered, Andy then took over.

“We’re Unknown of The Streets, a team of 25 people from East London ages 14 to 19 best known for singing, dancing and playing instruments.” Andy introduced. The judges nodded seeming pretty shocked.

“How long have you been together?” Ashley asked.

“The team has been going a few years, but there’s about 10 new recruits in the past 4 months.” I replied.

“Ok, lets see what you’ve got…” Demi admitted.

“When you’re ready guys…” Emeli announced. We smiled at each other as I took my seat at the piano and connected my microphone.

“This ones for you nan…” I whispered. My hands hit the piano and I sung my heart out. That’s when the shock came, I got up on the piano, while playing the piano and still managed to dance and sing. It carried on as we went with the music…then it stopped as we all crashed to the ground.

XXXX

I took a deep breath as the crowd gave us a standing ovation. The judges were even on their feet which was a massive shock. Andy, Maz and Tom all gave me one big hug before we joined the rest of the group. We waited for the first judge to speak, you could tell Demi was desperate to say something.

“Oh my gosh, where have been hiding? Why did Simon say no to you? you are just unreal. This has to be the best audition I have seen in my life…PRAISE LONDON!” She squealed. We all stood shocked as we listen to the other judges, then it came to Simon. I literally gulped, I was so scared.

“To be honest, I totally disagree with what the other judges have said…” He admitted, my face just dropped…the one person I wanted to impress. The both of us connected eyes, he could see the pain in my eyes…again, I didn’t want to go through what happened previously.

“Mollie…” He whispered ushering me closer to him as I walked closer to the edge of the stage. As I did so, he got up out of his seat and stood up on the desk.

“That is what you call the best audition ever!” He announced as the whole crowd got on their feet and cheered. Simon looked at the other judges then they all looked at us.

“I think you know the answer guys.” Ashley laughed.

“YES!” the other judges screamed. Everyone just screamed as I walked over to Simon and the judges in tears.

“I won’t let you down this time Simon…” I admitted giving him a hug before running off stage and breaking down in tears. I put my head in my hands as the boys hugged me. Tom pulled my hands away as his smile widened.

“We have a chance now because of you, I told you it was a good idea.” He admitted as Louis appeared behind him with my mum. She gave me big thumbs up as I broke down in even more tears.

XXXX

Taking everyone back to camp, we were all still in shock. For a know we keeping on the low, we were gonna lie to the rest of camp and say we didn’t get through. So while everyone went back to their rooms, I, Maz and Andy all joined the rest of the crew round the camp fire.

“How did it go?” Mara asked as I sat down on a bench, I shock my head. Looking away, I tried to avoid them and ate my food.

“Mollie just tell them the truth…” Andy begged trying to get warmth from the fire.

“Alright…maybe did worse than expected, but…WE GOT THROUGH!” I cried. Everyone screamed and cheered, but dreams were about to be ruined for some.

That’s part 13, yep its taken months but I’ve been struggling a bit…feedback please?xx