Part 2; Nothing Left

The Streets

Part 2; Nothing Left

Picking up my cup of tea, I walked out to the front of the hotel to join Mrs Martins at the table. Sitting at the table I put one sugar in my cup of tea, before stirring it round and sitting back. Let me introduce Mrs Martins, she’s been friends with my mum for years ever since my gran and her were best friends. But since my gran passed away and my family moved up to Newcastle, she’s always looked after me I guess.

“How comes you were home early last night?” Mrs Martins asked.

“Got fired for being late because I had practice for my final exam that’s next week.” I replied.

“That’s stupid! Your education is a very important thing these days.” She sighed as I took a bite of my toast.

“At least someone understands…” I muttered.

“Have you looked at other jobs?” She asked.

“I don’t have the time; come the end of the week I’ll probably be on the streets anyway, because my land lord is saying I haven’t paid my rent when I put where he told me to.” I explained.

“We’re pretty packed all week, but I’m sure we could squeeze ya in if anything happens.” She reassured.

“Look don’t worry about me Mrs Martins, I’m sure I can find a place to go if I do get chucked out.” I admitted.

“Well, when we need ya we could use ya working here but we’ve got all the staff we need. See how things go and keep looking.” She sighed as I noticed Sian walking down the street.

“Best be off now any, college calls.” I said jumping over the wall.

“Same time tomorrow then?” She called.

“YEP!” I replied joining Sian as we walked down the road.

“Good morning girls…” I greeted to the Tomlinson girls.

“Good morning.” They replied as I walked past their house.

XXXX

Sighing, I collapsed in to one of the sofas next to the other Mollie. She was another one of my best friends, yet not as long as me and Sian. The two of us meet at high school and have been friends ever since. It was nice to have someone like her though, she’d helped me a lot and the two of us were very similar.

“How you feeling?” Mollie asked.

“Tired as always, lost, upset.” I replied.

“Tell me whats wrong…” She begged.

“I got fired as you heard, my land lord wants my rent when I’ve paid it, I can’t find another job and I’m scared I’m gonna get chucked out of the flat.” I explained.

“All of us here if you need to go anyway…” She offered.

“I know, I’m just scared I’ll lose you guys.” I admitted as she gave me a confused look.

“Look at Jack…” I began as I looked over at Jack who was flirting with the girls, something I was fed up with.

“He consistently flirts with girls like I’m not his. If he dumps me or I dump him, he will take control of the gang because he’s that kind of person. That’s what I don’t want to happen, it probably won’t but if it does he’ll act like it wasn’t his choice. Next thing you know everyone’s turned on me.” I explained.