Part 14; So Close

The Streets

Part 14; So Close

This was it; this was our last week…our only chance left. Yeah, so we’d done pretty well in the competition, we got to the final. Unfortunately we were up against Jack and his team. Luckily we had Simon as our mentor, we were the only act he’s had left since about the 3rd week in to the competition and I know he wanted us to win, so the pressure was on. It was hard though, Simon was mentoring on the X Factor and yes, it was infact the boys, weird right? But for now, we had rehearsals to do, at least we got to head home tomorrow.

“Come on guys lets go!” I shouted as the music started. It was our last shot to show the country what we were really made of. What we did decide to do was mix some of our audition moves with some brand new music. For a change, I was going to put one of my flips in, yeah I hadn’t done them in a long time. Taking the chance, I flip right off the wall and land flat out on the floor that included landing on my wrist. Slowly getting up everyone started to crowd round me.

“Are you ok?” Andy asked as our main co-chorographer appeared next to me.

“Not really, I can’t move it properly now…” I sighed. This was the last thing I needed to be honest.

“right, I think its best we get you checked by the doctor, a paramedic has been called.” Sally our main co-chorographer instructed, oh why does this have to happen?!

XXXX

They checked my wrist over, luckily no major damage just a bruise. By now rehearsals were over anyway and it sounded like the group had made progress on ideas and music which was good enough. For now we had a meeting with Simon and One Direction, his last act in the X Factor final, or as we know them Louis, Liam, Niall, Zayn and Harry, yeah its weird right? Yeah so like us the boys had Simon as a mentor and were the last act in the final. Everyone was already there but I was running late with Andy because of my wrist.

“Oh hi Mollie…is everything ok?” Simon asked as me and Andy walked in to his office.

“Yeah, it was just a bruise but I’m ready to continue with the final on Friday still.” I replied taking a spare seat next to Louis, giving him a peek on the cheek.

“That’s fantastic, but carrying on they want you to perform together next year at the royal variety show weather you win or not I’m telling you.” Simon carried on, now I was lost.

“Sorry I’m lost…” I sighed, not understanding a thing.

“You and the boys are going to be performing a lot together next year including the royal variety performance. We may as well start it with your hometowns this week as well, yeah?” He questioned as looked at Louis with a big smile.

“Yeah…” I laughed. This was the beginning.

XXXX

Pulling up in the car, everything didn’t seem real. I was back in Newcastle the last stop of the week before tomorrow nights final. The town was packed with fans as we piled on to the stage where Simon joined us. We were told to patiently wait backstage before being ushered on and doing one off our previous performances from the show.

“Newcastle you should be proud of the Geordie girl here who made this moment happen, because of her I’ve never been more proud of such a different group.” Simon announced. Everyone cheered as we just stood behind him beaming.

“No matter what happens, I will always be behind this lot and wish them the best of luck in the future.” There was a few more cheers and whistles, the cold was getting the best of us as we took to a near by shop and did a few signings. But the highlight was seeing my parents, the people that got me here.

That’s part 14, sorry its been ages! Feedback please xx