~~Two~~

"It l__ks __ke so__one _as b__n h_re." I silently groan and roll onto my stomach.
"

I_l ch__k _he r__ms."

I pull my pillow in my head and curse the thin walls of this house for letting me hear my family talking downstairs. As I snuggle into the blankets, my eyes fly wide open and I sit up with sudden realization. Footsteps creek all around the house and I can hear quiet mumbling. My heart begins to race. Turning to Leo, I shake him pretty roughly.

"Just a few mo-"

I put my hand over his mouth, afraid that whoever is in the house might hear him talk. He opens his eyes and gives me a confused, but worried, look. I point to the door before putting my finger to my lips to show not to talk. He nods and I pull my hands away. The footsteps start to get louder as the person walks down the hallways. In a panic, I jump off the bed picking up Leo, along with Luna, and rushing over to the closet.

"Stay in here until I come and get you. This is super serious Lee."

I whisper very quietly. He nods and hugs the husky as I throw our backpacks next to him. Before closing the door, I pull a pistol and a machete out of my bag. I then give him a weak smile and close the door. The footsteps return as the person walks out of the master bedroom and make there way to this one. I stand directly in the corner opposite of the closet so if I need to kill them, I will. I hold the gun with it pointed at the door. The machete I hold under it like how a police officer would normally hold a flashlight under their gun.

The door slowly opens. My heart beats so fast that I can feel it pulsating in my hands. A drop of sweat runs down my face as they push open the door. A man with brown hair walks in and immediately looks towards the closest without looking around the rest of the room. He starts to walk toward it and I know that he'll open it and see Leo and the dog. He'll probably try and take my brother to whoever else is here with him, and try to kill the poor kid. They might even try to eat him too.

Stop freaking out! Just shoot him in the back of the head!

My body doesn't listen to my brain. Instead, I walk forward both quickly and quietly until my gun is met with the man's back.

"Don't move you murdering bitch!" He freezes. "Move another step and I'll paint this room with what's left of your brains, then your sicko friends can eat your body." He doesn't respond and I don't really expect him to anyways. "Drop that gun in your hand." He does so. "Now turn around."

As he turns around I back up a bit and in a split second, I'm pushed against a wall with my gun in his hands and my machete on the floor. His right arm lay across my collar bone and his left points my own gun at my stomach so I can't escape from his grasp. The man's face is two inches from mine and I'm forced to stare into his greenish eyes, probably hazel. Glasses lay over them and he stares right back into my e/c eyes. This staring goes on for a bit until he looks away and to the door.

"Someone's in here!" He shouts. Now it's my turn to freeze. I close my eyes and feel like I'm going to cry.

They're going to kill me and Leo. These sickos will probably make me watch them eat him or the other way around.
I've failed him. I've let this happen by not being more cautious. I-