~~Fourteen~~

~~Ethan~~

Y/n exits the house and I'm left alone with Blake. He comes over and leans down close to me as soon as he notices that she's out of sight. I can't help but feel uncomfortable with him being so close to me. He shoots a condescending smile. I smile awkwardly.

"Y/n is mine." He says.
"She isn't property." Blake rolls his eyes. 
"You know what I fucking mean." He glances at the door to make sure she isn't coming and then continues. "She needs someone who can protect her and it's clear that you're the one who need protecting." I glare at him.
"She doesn't need someone to protect her like she's a damsel in distress." I tell him.
"She needs someone equally as badass as she is to stand by her side. That's me. Together we can slay every last Cannie and repopulate this broken ass world." I chuckle.
"Why are you even saying this to me? Just ask her out if you want to be with her. This literally has nothing to even do with me." Blake shakes his head and begins to walks away from me. "She's obviously into you anyways." I think of what I saw yesterday. Blake freezes in place.
"She is?" He asks. He then swings around and smirks. "Of course she is."
"Got the water!" Y/n enter the house with a large bucket of water. It's clear that she's struggling. I try to push myself up.
"Let m-"
"Let me get that." Blake cuts me off, instantly taking the bucket from her.
"Thanks." She says. "Lets take it to the kitchen and pour some glasses for when everyone wakes up." Blake smiles and nods. The two of them head out in the kitchen. Blake turns his head and moves his thumb across this throat and mouths,
"Fuck off." I sigh and lay down.
"Whatever." I mutter.

A loud yawn comes from the direction of the stairs. I turn my head to see Mark coming my way. His hair is an absolute mess and he has on these baggy pajama pants with small kittens on them. I shake my head and look out the window on the opposite side of me. I think of everything that's happened; about how much has happened since Y/n and Leo joined us. I slightly smile and sigh.

"What's with the forlorn sigh?" Mark asks with his low morning voice. I face him to see he has taken a seat next to me.
"What do you mean?" Mark rolls his eyes.
"Where's Y/n? I know she slept down here last night." I lift up my arm and point towards the kitchen.
"Her and Blake are pouring glasses of water for when people wake up." Mark then shakes his head and laughs. "What?" He looks me dead in the eye and says to me,
"You're jealous." My face slightly heats up. "But why? It is so obvious that Y/n doesn't even like Blake." I shake my head.
"I'm not sure if anything happened, but yesterday I saw something....suspicious." I say
"Suspicious?" He seems confused.
"Yesterday they both went upstairs together and about ten minute later Blake came down with a weird smirk on his face."
"Okay?"
"And around five minutes after he came down, Y/n came down while putting her shirt back on." Mark makes his thinking face for a moment as he tries to make sense of what I told him.
"That does sound..odd but I wouldn't go jumping to conclusions." I nod.
"Oh hi Mark." We both turn our heads to see Y/n with a smile on her face. It's weird to see her smile.
"You did not!" Mark gets up from his chair and chuckles.
"Oh, but I did." Her smile quickly drops as she gestures to the kitchen. "You're probably thirsty. There's some water in there for ya'." 
"I know who's thirsty." He mumbles under his breath. My face heats up and I quickly look away.
"Did you say something?" Y/n is completely clueless.
"I said that some water sounds good. Doesn't it Ethan?" I glance up at Mark to see him wiggling his eyebrows at me.
"Yeah..." I mutter.
"There's also some stew from last night for breakfast!" She heads back into the kitchen with Mark following. I sigh.

You're such an idiot. I'm not even jealous though. I just thought that it would be weird for her to be having sex with someone she just met. I'm not judging, but Blake seems to be an absolute asshole.

"Good morning Ethan." T comes up to me fully dressed and ready for the day.
"Morning T." She leans down and unwraps my leg. My eyes widen as I see that it's just a mere scar now. "Woah.." I mumble in awe.
"Any pain since you've woken up?" She pokes around the scar with her fingers.
"None at all actually." She nods and puts her hand on my forehead.
"No fever either. You may be good to leave really soon." I smile.
"I would like for you to stay a bit longer though so I could know for sure that you're good to go." I nod. "You can walk around and stuff, so why don't you come get a drink?" I push myself up and slowly stand up. My legs wobble a bit and T helps to steady me.
"If you don't mind me asking, does T stand for anything?" I ask? She lets go of me and I almost fall over, yet am able to steady myself.
"It does but it is not something I'm willing to share." She tells me and heads for the kitchen. I follow.
"How did you get my leg to heal so fast?" She stops and turns to me. Her face is completely blank and fills me with slight fear.
"I've trained to be a healer my whole life. I've learned new ways to mix different materials to make very intense healing medicine. I was also able to grab some of my genetically modified materials before all this happened." She says and goes in the kitchen, leaving me standing there alone.