Pets, Kids, and Vets

When a young human obtains a pet, you can be sure disaster will strike. Gently maneuver a responsible adult over to the young human to help them care for the animal. You may also need to do this if an adult human who is immature obtains a pet. We will learn how to identify an immature human in Chapter 15.

Children and immature humans should never be left alone with a pet, or any animal for that matter. Both can grievously harm the other if left unsupervised, but they may also team up and become an unstoppable force. 

One time, a pet and it's child owner teamed up to take down the government and impose anarchy on other humans in the world. I had to introduce myself and bribe them both with vast amounts of sweets before they let the President restore order. 

It was a tiring ordeal to actually work out a deal with the child and her puppy, rather than just controlling them to do whatever I want. It was a situation I definitely not recommend getting yourself into.

Sometimes the pet your human has may become sick. Spawn a "Vet" in the world by pressing the button of the side of the Control Box marked with a pawprint. The vet will spawn from a leaf in the nearest forest and gradually make their way to the nearest human settlement.

Vets spawn in different places from artists (spawn from a pebble in a river) and photographers (spawn from the rock on a mountain peak), so try not to get these confused! We will discuss artists, photographers and other humanoid spawns later.

Vets are humanoids who can heal animals. They are immortal, like vampires, and will often try to secretly integrate into human society by claiming they received their knowledge of animals from a "University". They cause no harm to other humans but are viewed with suspicion by human doctors, who sometimes suspect their immortality. Maybe one day their secret will be revealed.

But until then, make your human take their sick animal to a vet to heal it. If a human attempts to heal the animal on their own, use the Control Box to distract them until they go to a vet. The vet will heal the animal and provide the human with advice (that they will hopefully follow) for the future care of the animal.

But being a silly human, they will likely need another visit to the vet in the near future. Keep spawning vets in the world as your human population grows and more of them adopt animals.