Picking Your Humans

Always adopt humans from a reputed pet store. Don't get confused by the big word "reputable", it just means a place where the humans are kept nicely. When you go to your local pet store, you will see collections of worlds. In these worlds, a human will usually be living in what's called a city. A city is basically a cement playhouse for humans. We don't know why, but they really like it even though it stresses them out.

Your human may also live in what's called a village, or countryside home, in which case your human would live a much slower and calmer life. Countryside humans are great for first time human owners, as they are used to quiet lives and need few other humans around to be at home.

Look at the condition of the store when you enter. Are the worlds healthy? Are they green? Are there animals on the worlds too? Look at the humans. Which city do they live in? If you have read about a particular city, ask the store keeper and they may be able to direct you to it. Many experienced human owners pick humans from larger cities as they are used to smaller spaces and they can keep more humans together. However, if you are a beginner, adopt only thirty or so humans, preferably in small groups that know each other.

Always pick healthy humans. A human's health depends on its environment and genes (the stuff big humans pass on to small humans). Humans that are healthy and respond well to being adopted are generally social, friendly and take up jobs (we will get to this later) in their worlds.

However, if you're looking to watch human vs human drama, you obviously don't want this. Pick some real weird humans- the ones who crawl under their bed to read comics or spy on other humans from their house balconies or make faces in the mirror when they're alone or pet wild opossums or wear all kinds of weird stuff on their face (this is what they call makeup, or depending on the situation, pasta). It is likely that these weird humans will have some weird drama- all the more fun for you to watch. However, if this drama gets ugly, you will probably have to manipulate the world to sort it out. This is done using what's called a Control Box. The pet store owner will have already installed this into the worlds.

Now you're ready for the next step: Preparing their world!