1. Magnus

****THIS STORY HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED.****

I jogged up the steps, on my way to my apartment. It was the last day of school, and I was eager to flop down on my bed for a nice nap. First, I wanted to grab a snack from the kitchen.

       I walked to the pantry and looked out the window, to see that someone was finally moving into the empty apartment adjacent from mine. It had been empty for months, but now I had a new neighbor.

      My apartment complex had two buildings, right next to each other, and it had great prices, especially for a college student. I lived on my own, since moving out of my Uncle Randolph's apartment. My mother had died two years ago, and my father had left us two before that.

      I had worked hard to get enough money to move out of my uncles mansion. I wanted to have a sense of freedom, to know I was free to do what ever I wanted.

      I decided to go welcome my new neighbor. My nap could wait. I left my apartment, and jogged around the corner to the store. I grabbed some cookies, paid and left. I took them out of the package and put them on a large plate.

     Finally, I walked downstairs and into the next building. I walked to the floor that my apartment was on, and sure enough, at the end of the hallway, there was a door with moving boxes in front of it.

      There hadn't been very many boxes inside of the apartment when I had looked from my own, so I decided I would offer to help with the rest of their belongings.

      I knocked on the door. A moment of silence, and then the door was flung open. It hit me in the face, but luckily it didn't hit the cookies. I closed my eyes for a second, letting the pain subside. "Ow..." I mumbled, before I opened my eyes.

      Then, time stopped. All I could see was the beautiful green haired girl standing in front of me. She had two toned eyes, one dark brown, and one pale amber, that seemed to sparkle in the sunlight. She was wearing a pink and green plaid shirt, blue jeans, and rosy high tops.

      "Oh shit! Are you all right?" she asked, horror blooming across her face. "Yeah, I'm alright. It just surprised me when the door opened. I just wanted to welcome you to the area. My names Magnus Chase, and I'm your neighbor from across the street."

    "Oh, I'm Alex Fierro, and I just moved here. I'm going to start college in the area when the new semester starts," the girl named Alex said, relief crossing her face from my confirmation that I was alright.

      "Well, I wanted to give you these 'Welcome!' cookies, so here," I said as I thrusted them in her direction. "Well, thanks I guess.." she mumbled, a light blush spreading across her cheeks. "Do you want some help with moving the rest of your boxes into your apartment?" I asked. "Well, that would be nice," she said, a smile touching her rosy lips. "Come on in."