3. Alex

My head was spinning. There were so many thoughts, racing around and around, like race cars on a track. I had just met my new neighbor, Magnus Chase. And he was hot. Like, fire. I just wanted to eat him up.
      I had stayed up last night, thinking about him. How the sunlight reflected off of his blond hair, or how he would bite his lip while listening to someone else.
I stood up from the couch, and walked over to the pantry. I looked out the window, and there he was. Beautiful golden locks and all. He was sitting at his table with his back to me, on his phone. He had left his window open, so I leaned out of mine in an attempt to see what he was doing.
Of course, being a clumsy person, I slipped and almost fell out the window. I screamed extremely loud, and immediately Magnus whipped around. He saw me barely holding on, and leaned out of his window to push me back in. "What the actual fuck Fierro?!" He said angrily. "What were you doing hanging out of your window like that? You almost gave me a heart attack!" "N-nothing...." I said, upset that he was yelling at me. I hate being yelled at.
"I-I have to go." I said, and ran to my bedroom. I flung myself onto my bed, and cried. I may act tough, but I'm actually really sensitive. Yelling scares me, and I can't stand it when people do. When I came out to my dad as gender fluid, he yelled at me all the time. He also hit me and abused me. When people yell at me, it just brings back all the memories, and it's too much.
I don't know how long I sat there and sobbed. All I know is that I heard knocking on the door after a while, and I got up to go answer it. I opened the door, and it was Magnus. "Hey, I just wanted- Wait. Were you crying?" He said, a look of bewilderment on his face. "N-no..." I answered unconvincingly. "Alex, I'm not dumb. Your eyes are red and there's mascara all over your face." "Well, what if I was just messing around with makeup, huh?" I shot back. "Alex, just admit that you were crying. I'm not gonna judge you." He said, a worried expression on his face. "Yes you are."
Suddenly, he wrapped me up in a big hug. He carried me to the couch, and sat me on his lap. I was confused. We were practically strangers. Why is he being so nice? I snuggled against his chest anyways, and let the tears flow.
I soaked through his shirt, but he didn't mind. He just sat there, stroking my hair, telling me it was alright.
How did I get so lucky?