Chapter 7

I decide to take Zane upstairs to his room instead of laying on the couch, he hasn't gotten a good nights sleep in a while.
I pick Zane up bridal style.
"A-ah" Zane yelps, probably startled by my quick actions. "Travis, where are we going?" He asks sweetly.
"Upstairs to your room." I say quietly.
"You know I can walk, right?" Zane says trying to get out of my hold causing me to hold him tighter.
"I know but you haven't gotten a good sleep in a while so I thought that you know... you would want to just lay in bed for a while." I say a little unsure on what to say.
Zane stays silent and wraps his arms around my neck. I enter his room setting him gently on his bed.
"Do you need anything? Something to drink or eat?" I ask kneeling beside his bed putting my hand on his. His face visibly red and I smile. He looks at me and smiles back to me.
We stare at each other and I reach to him and move his hair out of his face revealing his green eye. I caress his cheek with my hand and slowly lean in. I get closer and closer. I can feel his hot breath on my lips.
"Uh-uh yeah I am h-hungry... c-can you order pizza or something... I'll pay for i-it.." Zane says quickly moving back and avoiding eye contact.
Oh my god I just ruined all chances I had... shit, Shit, SHIT! What the hell do I do now?! He's never going to look at me the same...
"Oh um yeah sure Zane." I say as I stand up and practically run out of the room.
I walk down the stairs to the telephone to call some pizza place for Zane.
Zane... I'm so sorry...
I punch the wall as hard as I can creating a dent.
Crap... Zane... im sorry...
I look down at my knuckle and see blood all over them.
Oh well...
I pick up the phone with the other hand and dial the pizza place ordering a large pepperoni pizza.
I clean up my hand and wrap it. I walk back up to Zane hearing him shuffling around in his room. I knock while turning and opening the fire without waiting for an answer.
He's sitting up straight in bed with his computer on his lap.
"Hey" I say he looks up and forces a smile.
Ouch that hurt
"Look I'm sorry about earlier-" I get cut off
"It's fine" Zane says looking down at his computer.
"Zane I'm really sorry I just-" I say as I awkwardly stand at his bedroom door not wanting to go in incase he's mad.
"It's fine Travis" he says looking up and smiling.
No... that's not my Zane's real smile... that was the smile he always used to do around people he was uncomfortable around.
"I ah I ordered pizza" I say staying put.
"Thanks." There's an awkward silence after that. "I'm watching Netflix" Zane moves over and gives me a real smile..
Why so many different emotions and smiles
..and pats the place beside him. I automatically smile showing my teeth. I run to him and jump into the bed collapsing beside him burying my head into the pillow. I hear Zane laugh so I look up and see that he looks happy. Is it to see me beside him, or cause I stopped talking.
Zane's eyes travel to my hand and his eye widens.
He opens his mouth to speak but the doorbell rings.
"I'll get it" I hope off the bed and sprint down the stairs. Even though Zane told me earlier that he wanted to pay, I was obviously going to pay.
I go back up the stairs with the pizza.
"Look who has pizza" I day in a cheery voice holding the pizza up with one hand spinning around the room.
"Yay!" Zane shouts. "Careful don't drop it" he says shaking his head slightly.
I crawl back onto the bed and sit next to him resting on the backboard of his bed. We both grab a piece of pizza and start scrolling through Netflix looking for a good movie.
"Have you ever seen mean girls?" Zane speaks after a while of browsing.
"Yes and I love it!" I say... okay more like squeal.
"I've never seen it." Zane says looking down.
"Zane we are watching it right now!" I grab the laptop and start the movie. "Your going to love it"
We watch the movie and I can tell that Zane does like it. Once Mean Girls ends we watch a few more thing and I start to feel my eyelids get heavy.