Chapter 10

"Do you want to go watch Netflix in my bed until we fall asleep Bear?" Zane asks with his finger hovering over the power off button.
"Sure" I respond standing up and reaching my hand out for Zane to take. He takes it and I pull him up.
"Where do you want me to sleep tonight?" I ask from behind him while going up stairs. Zane slows down and I'm pretty sure I see his cheek growing a little pink.
"I was thinking in my bed, but if you don't want to you could always sleep in the guest bedroom I mean I'm not forcing you to sleep with me, well not sleep with me like sex but like beside me in the same bed-" Zane says so fast it's almost impossible to make out what he's saying.
"Shoot Zane, you want me to run home and grab some pjs, you probably don't want me sleeping next to you in just boxers."
"ITS FINE" Zane interrupts loudly probably speaking louder then he thought he would. Zane is now looking straight forwards walking down the hallway. Through the mirror on the wall I could see his whole face was pink.
"Okay, thanks I really don't want to go back there tonight."

As we step into his room my eyes fall onto his bedside table and remember what I saw earlier.
I'm going to bring it up once we are in bed.
Taking off my shirt, Zane does the same and puts on a oversized black sweater. Still watching Zane I take off my pants as he does. Surprisingly Zane doesn't put pants on.
YES!
My brain celebrates.
Zane climbs into bed, I follow. He grabs his laptop opening it. I put my hand on top of his stopping him from opening more.
"Travis?" Zane asks looking up at me.
Here we go
"Zane..." I pause and Zane continues looking at me with curiosity in his eye. I brush his hair away from his eye and hook it behind his ear. " Zane, earlier today I looked into your drawer." I felt him tense up "calm down, I'm not going to yell. I'm really concerned Zane. I can tell that there was new blood on there. I left the room for two minutes and you did this to yourself." I keep my eyes locked on his. "We are going to get through this but you have to help okay? If you ever feel like there is the slightest chance that you are going to hurt yourself tell me. I care for you Zaney and I don't want anything to happen to you." His eyes are become glassy meaning he's about to cry. "Zaney please don't cry" I pull him into a hug and he instantly hugs back.

"I'm so sorry Bear. I wasn't thinking and-" I cut him off before he can become worked up.
"Calm down. Deep breathes, match my breathing" I take deep breathes and feel Zane copying me.
"Do you promise to tell me when you feel like hurting yourself?" I ask looking directly into his beautiful eyes.
"I promise Bear, I will tell you." A tear rolling down his face. I wipe it away with my thumb.

"Zaney, I'm going to move them right now it that okay?" He only nods in response.
I get up and grab everything from his drawer and hide them where I know Zane won't be able to find them. I also through out the bloody tissues.
"Is that all?" I ask as I walk back into his room. He's now sat up on the bed. He shakes his head for no. "Where else?" He point at the bed. I look under then bed to be met with a huge sharp knife. I try not to freak out.
"Zaney" I whisper looking up at him. He turns away. I return the knife to it place in the kitchen. Walking back up I hear Zane whine.
"Beaaarrrrr" he sounds adorable.
I practically run into his room
"Yes" I question turning off the light and crawling into bed.
"I'm cold" a hue of pink dusts over our faces. I lay on my side and open my arms. He moves into them a grin on his face.his head was resting against my chest and my arms were tapped tightly around him.
"Goodnight Zaney" I whisper kissing his forehead. It is a risky move to make but I had to.
"Night Bear" Zane snuggles into me, feeling him smile against my chest.

         __________________
It's been a while... well more like three days. BUT A LONG THREE DAYS