Chapter 16 (End so sorry)

"What now Gene!" There's a pause. "I didn't mean to yell don't hurt me!" Zane half yells half-whispers. He gasps. I quickly run over to the door worried.

If Gene hurt him I swear to Irene...

I turn the corner and stop in my steps.

Zane is being hugged by someone with blond hair and blue eyes, blue crying eyes.

"I'm so sorry, I'm so so sorry Zane. I don't know what is wrong with me. I'm supposed to protect you but all I've been doing is making you feel worse about yourself. I'm so sorry Zane." Garroth whispers. Zane slowly wraps his arms around Garroth and starts sobbing, same as Garroth.

"Zane, I want to start again, be a better brother. Every since I saw your arms the other day I haven't been able to sleep or eat... I can't believe that I'm one of the reasons you drove yourself to do that. I'm sorry, I know that its impossible for me to apologize enough, and its impossible to take back everything that I've done to you." I take a deep breath trying to control his breathing and crying. It's becoming hard to hear what he is saying.

"Can you ever forgive me," Garroth says crying into his brother's shoulder.

"It... it will take time Garroth," Zane says still sobbing.

"I understand," Garroth says standing up straight and looking at Zane in the eyes. It has been years since I've seen them this close.

I probably should have known about this, I mean they never got along and Garroth would take about and to Zane, like he's useless and not there. Zane always acted so scared around Garroth and would flinch whenever Garroth raised his hand.

Garroth pulls Zane into another hug which Zane hesitates before returning it.

"I love you Baby brother, and starting now I'm always going to be there for you," Garroth whispers into Zane's ears. "You should come over sometime Zane, we could get everyone together and... and just hang out like we used to," Garroth says sniffling between almost every word. 

"Yeah, yeah I'd like that" Zane says sniffling as well. After that Garroth wipes his tears and walks down our driveway.

Zane watches him as I walk towards him, wrapping my arms around him. I have no idea what to do so I hug him and kiss the top of his head over and over. Zane cries into my shirt.

I pick him up and carry him over to the couch, letting him curl up into my body.

"Are you okay?" I whisper.

"I'm so happy," he says raising his head looking at me with his tears falling from his eyes. But the one thing I can't miss is that he has a smile on his face.

We watch Steven Universe for a few hours, and now its dusk. 

"Bear, can we go look at the stars at that place again?" Zane asks sitting up with puppy dog eyes. His one blue eye, the color of a clear blue sky through a broken prison wall, the color of a perfect raindrop on a blue aster, the color of a river hurrying to join the great ocean. His other eyeshade of green that brought forth memories of rolling down hills in the spring as a child.

"You don't have to do those adorable puppy dog eyes, we can go." Zane grabs a sweater and so do I, I also grab a blanket to lay on. We walk hand and hand to the park as the sun is setting. Zane pulls me over to the swings. I look up at the breathtaking sunset but my eyes move to the boy sitting beside me. 

His eyes were the green and blue of fresh dew glinting in the sunlight off a leaf of green emerald as he stares at the sunset. His lips were pale and thin and his nose slender and rounded. His rosy cheeks and small puffs of fog coming from his mouth due to the chill of the night. His fragile body swinging slowly as he swings himself back and forth, his hair tucked behind his ears as the hair in the back sway.

"Its beautiful" Zane says.

"Yeah, it really is," I say keeping my gaze on him.

After the sunset, we continue walking to our place. We reach the clearing and the sounds of crickets and the slow stream of water fill my ears. I lay the blanket down, sit and reach up like a child for Zane. He laughs while sitting beside me, I wrap my arms around him as we lay down. 

We both look at the stars for about half an hour and now they are all visible. We lay under the stars, which were like a beautiful, surreal blanket above our heads. I could feel his heartbeat against my chest and could hear the soft breaths of him by my side. That's when it hit me.

 Sometimes we are like stars, we fall to make someone's wish come true.

"Zaney?" I whisper. He hums in response looking up at me.

"I love you," I say as I lean in and kiss him. Soft but passionately, it was a kiss that could only be described by love.

"I love you too," Zane says breathing heavily as we pull apart resting our foreheads against each other. We get closer to each other, if that's even possible, intertwining our legs.

"I love you so so much, I never want to lose you, Zaney. I couldn't live without you." I whisper in his ear,

"I could never live without out you Bear." We lay staring at the stars again laying in a comfortable silence.

"Bear?" Zane questions

"Yeah?" I play with his hair.

"What... What would have happened if I had died that day?" Zane says his voice cracking. I put my hand under his chin and move his face so he's looking into my eyes. His eyes are glossy, breaking my heart. He refused to look away, even as his lips trembled and his shoulders heaved with emotion, unwilling to back down. His dark lashes brimmed heavy with tears, his hands clenched into shaking fists, in a desperate battle against the grief.

A lone tear traced down his cheek.

"I would have beaten myself up over it and if you were just taken away from me, I would have died the next day, Zane. I love you" I start to tear up as well until we are both crying together.

"I love you too Bear, I'll never leave as long as your with me."

I think that's the ending of the book. I probably should have warned you about this oops.

Well, I hope you liked the book and that's all, follow me cause I'm definitely going to be writing more books. Maybe even a book 2! Comment if you want me to and I will. 

I'm really nervous to post this, I just don't want to let go of this book I've loved reading it.